Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude there is no ****ing way if even running an open header WAS a good idea (which it's not) that it would drop literally 2 seconds off your 1/4 et. No ****ing way!

Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
      have u ever acctually done it see i have and it provides more power then even performance exhaust cause theres still a cat and a muffler in the way then talk about the restrictive piping
      yes i have. Losing your exaust is a bad thing. read Jesse's Tech artical on exaust theory. and dont make me own you with one of my fliud dynamic text books. <== note plural

I have the same engine and i run a 17.7 that is my BEST time. i have intake, reworked exaust... oh f*ck just read my sig.

Last edited by Protoss; 10-17-2003, 08:12 AM.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

so if u tried it how can u say its not more power and so wut if its noisy u can put it back on once u leave the track
        i is dumb

Comment

How can you say it's not more power? Because it isn't....

psst. did you miss this thread?

Please stop BSing us. Like I said, it's okay not to know stuff, but don't be a dumbass about it.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
            yes i have. Losing your exaust is a bad thing. read Jesse's Tech artical on exaust theory. and dont make me own you with one of my fliud dynamic text books. <== note plural

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...=&threadid=148
            this is only true if u have an exhaust system if u have nothing there then the gas flows as it wants to and ur basically saying every drag racer thats ever put straight headers is an idiot cause if they had full exhaust they would be faster or is that wut ur not saying. also thats why they make uncappers for ur exhaust
            i is dumb

Comment

Comment

this is only true if u have an exhaust system if u have nothing there then the gas flows as it wants to
                No it doens't. you are obviously taking a ricer POV here. look i'm a 4th year Aerospace engineer. Fluid flow is my ****ing degree. the way our engines work is with a pulse subsonic flow.... when it hits the abient it STOPS. it doesn't go where it wants. it hits a higher frictional medium and stops RFOR(relative frame of refference). this causes backpressue in the outlet. and thus hurt the mass flow rate of the exaust outlet.

I'm going to whack you over the head with a 4th year aerodynamics textbook!
                Last edited by Protoss; 10-17-2003, 08:18 AM.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

i dont give a damn if ur an aerodynamics guy iam telling u that open header will make more power srry but i have provide facts, u have provided opinions
                  i is dumb

Comment

i dont give a damn if ur an aerodynamics guy iam telling u that open header will make more power srry but i have provide facts, u have provided opinions
                    You might see V8 guys do it, but do we have V8s?

Comment

WTF... where the **** is your proof!! look i have cited sources you are giving opinions!

hmm concidering this is an area of expertize, that i am fluent in.

Amient: i guess that term is a little to difficult, as with the term median, sub sonic, and pulse-flow. Sorry ricer boy.
                      Last edited by Protoss; 10-17-2003, 08:32 AM.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Timeslips and or video would be helpful. When I ran a 14.3 in my Kmart shopping cart, they didn't give me a timeslip and no-one believed me.
                        Dan
                        dreesemonkey

Comment

this is only true if u have an exhaust system if u have nothing there then the gas flows as it wants to and ur basically saying every drag racer thats ever put straight headers is an idiot cause if they had full exhaust they would be faster or is that wut ur not saying. also thats why they make uncappers for ur exhaust
                          Ok look with this you are dealing with sear mass flow rate and a high one at that. V8's ca do this because they pump out soo much exaust. my uncle owns a drag racing team, (Hawker Racing) based in Calgary. i know what kinda header he uses and why it works. you are comparing apples with ****ing golfballs.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

show us facts then...most of us have had a lot of experience with these cars, and 15'9's without any MAJOR work on a sohc is bs dude...go back under ur hole

Comment

This thread makes me depressed, I want to die

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                                This thread makes me depressed, I want to die
                                I'm depressed too, and also want you to die

What a waste of bandwidth and uh, agency time.

This won't die without proof so provide some and don't say your claims are facts.
                                Dan
                                dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                                X