FSP 1st Gen Protege Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
    i want those wheels in 5x 114.3 badly!!!! i did a search for spinworks wheels but came up empty handed. help?

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
      The rest of the FSP field got faster since last year
      Yeah, Kevin and Iain are frequent 1000 pointers here locally. Maybe paint your car nuclear green? It seems to be fast

Sounds like you had a good time.
      2003 Protege5
      1990 Protege LX (sold)
      1990 Protege DX (sold)
      1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

Originally posted by cojsl View Post
        Yeah, Kevin and Iain are frequent 1000 pointers here locally.
        They were off the pace last year, but they said that it was because of the colder weather. When they were so fast after day 1 I asked them what they had updated on the car and they said just the paint. All of the other small FWD cars in FSP (except for Tipple's Civic) looked to be on the new 255-13 front tire. That seemed to help them along with the more consistent weather this year.

Comment

The car actually fired today. I still have a lot of things to adjust to get it to start and idle properly, but it's finally feeling like I might actually be able to drive it soon.

Comment

Great news! The car moved under it's own power yesterday. Granted it was only from one side of the driveway to the other, but it moved. I need to re-bleed the brakes as they don't work at all, but that was to be expected since this was the first time they were used with the car running. I definitely have a voltage issue as it doesn't look like the alternator is charging very well. In all my attempts to get the car running over the last few weeks I may have damaged some internal circuts in the alternator. I'll have it tested this weekend. The next priority is to get the cooling fan wired in and working. I can tell she is running extremely rich, but I'm not going to make any changes there until I finalize my intake/air filter setup and switch spark plugs. I got the car to idle at a steady 900 RPMs. I couldn't drive it far since there is no cooling fans and the front spindles are only bolted hand tight since I'll have to take them back off to press in new wheel studs this weekend. If anyone is intersted I have 10 long ARP studs for sale that fit the 5 lug spindles from the late model Proteges.

Comment

Been a while since the last update. I had some major issues with the ECU. I basically fried several diodes and a circuit trace in the ECU. I finally got that fixed today and put the ECU back in the car. After about a 30 minute phone call to a friend familiar with Megasquirt and my setup we got the car to idle properly. I was using the wrong MAP setting in the ECU. I then went and adjusted the trigger angle in the spark settings which was quite a bit off. Now she idles nice and smooth around 1,000rpm and 13:1 AFR. I'm setting up an appointment for the dyno next week. Hopefully we can get some good basic numbers to post.

Comment

doesn't sound like a bunch of fun. im glad to hear you've gotten it running well now tho
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

You didn't ruin the MS did you?

Also, are you the one building the shortblock for Stephan's MSP?
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                    You didn't ruin the MS did you?

Also, are you the one building the shortblock for Stephan's MSP?
                    It's not ruined. I had to replace 2 diodes and make a jumper for a burnt trace. It seems to be working fine, but I won't get a chance to test it again until Monday. Yea, I'm building Stephan's motor.

Comment

Comment

Total sleeperness. Good to see her running
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

sick!!!!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

it revvs so fast! Very nice build. When will it see the track?
                            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                            |.....Overnight....................| ||
                            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

excellent!!!!
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                                it revvs so fast! Very nice build. When will it see the track?
                                It should actually rev a little faster than that once we get it sorted out. The accel enrichment needs tweaking, but I'm not going to touch it until I get the fuel map dialed in. I also have a very lightweight crank pulley being delivered tomorrow (over 5lbs lighter than stock). She runs a bit rich right now. I'm going to the dyno on Friday and if all goes well she will be racing on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X