No announcement yet.

FSP 1st Gen Protege Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great! the color is very nice in daylight.
    The car looks so nice with the silver numbers and logos, imho any graphics would have to be carefully chosen to be an improvement.
    Last edited by cojsl; 02-20-2009, 09:20 AM.
    2003 Protege5
    1990 Protege LX (sold)
    1990 Protege DX (sold)
    1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

Looks great actually!, could of been a paint option from factory
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
        if you don't mind me asking, what did it run you for dropping the car off in prepped condition?
        I'm doing some machine work on a motorcycle they are building so my cost has some favor trading involved.

Comment

The car is starting to look pretty good. I'll try to get some pictures of it with the race wheels on next weekend at the Dixie National Tour.

Comment

Awesome!
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Looking good!
              Have you corner weighted it yet? How much does it weigh?
              2003 Protege5
              1990 Protege LX (sold)
              1990 Protege DX (sold)
              1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

Originally posted by cojsl View Post
                Looking good!
                Have you corner weighted it yet? How much does it weigh?

2230 in race trim. I could easily get it down to 2200 even if I started getting crazy with the drill press.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
                  2230 in race trim. I could easily get it down to 2200 even if I started getting crazy with the drill press.
                  Thanks!
                  If you don't mind saying, what was the F/R, and were you able to get the diagonals pretty close?
                  2003 Protege5
                  1990 Protege LX (sold)
                  1990 Protege DX (sold)
                  1992 626 (sold)

Comment

Thanks!
                    If you don't mind saying, what was the F/R, and were you able to get the diagonals pretty close?
                    We've only scaled it. I didn't have time to adjust it. Unadjusted with me in the car the crossweight is 48.3%. I don't see any problem at all getting it completely even.

Comment

nice result at dixie
                      2003 Protege5
                      1990 Protege LX (sold)
                      1990 Protege DX (sold)
                      1992 626 (sold)

Comment

turn the rear-view mirror sideways for aerodynamics? now there's a man who goes the extra mile :p

that color is still growing on me, but i love how clean it is!! looks like a jolly-rancher
                        Originally posted by 90prtege
                        have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                        Originally posted by Turpro
                        Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                        CRZbrussian: that sux
                        CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                        CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Originally posted by tehstocker99 View Post
                          turn the rear-view mirror sideways for aerodynamics?
                          Turning the rearview mirror sideways can serve a couple purposes-

For us tall people, the Pro's rearview mirror is in the line of sight to look ahead on course, turning it sideways minimizes the vision blockage. My avatar pic looks like its not turned, but its at just the right angle to be as "narrow" as possible when I'm trying to see around it.

Others do it so you aren't tempted to look back to see if you knocked over a cone.

You'll notice that many autocross with the windows down (not aero friendly) This is so you can better hear what the tires are doing. The aero drag is negligible at autocross speeds anyway.
                          Last edited by cojsl; 03-17-2009, 09:40 PM.
                          2003 Protege5
                          1990 Protege LX (sold)
                          1990 Protege DX (sold)
                          1992 626 (sold)

Comment

nice result at dixie

Thanks man. We were right in the hunt for the win and I had the time to do it. I just couldn't stay clean. It was a good event though. I found a few small changes that need to be made and hopefully the car will be even better next time.

Comment

Christ I need to do an update. Lot's of things have changed since my last post here. Shortly after the Dixie tour...the next local event actually, I broke the MSP LSD.

Then the SCCA decided to change the rules and make it impossible for me to use the 2.0L motor and stay Street Prepared legal. Luckily, I was pulling the motor anyway to fix the LSD. Now I just had to find a 1.8L setup and rebuild it for Street Prepared. That is pretty much what I've been doing for the last several months. My digital camera also died so the pictures are few and crappy since they came from my cell phone. I finally finished the BP motor and got it temporarily mounted in the car to get the headers mocked up. Here is that crappy picture...

It's a AWR 4-2-1 header mounted to a Racingbeat BP flange. You'll also notice that the oil pan has been "shaved" to save some weight. I spent most of this afternoon rigging up the crank angle sensor...

Now I'm in a holding pattern waiting on flywheel/clutch and injectors to be delivered. I need to get some new plug wires and switch a few cables in the engine bay back over to fit the BP. I need to make a few tweeks to make in the Megasquirt and hopefully she will crank sometime next weekend.

Comment

thats crazy! as if you have to BP swap it...what are you doing with your build FS?
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X