No announcement yet.

Can't drive for **** !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't you have the stock clutch at that time anyhow.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah bruce, at the time i was running stock worn out clutch but WTF is saying that the centerforce is no good. He said it'll get worn out in 3-4 months just like his. Hopefully mine wont do that to me cuz ****s kinda hard to put on. Anyhow, he gave me an idea of a better set up for the clutch kit which is the one that he just mentioned. I think its a good set up i would've done it only if i didn't buy the CF yet.

Comment

So what setup did u put on your 323, b6 pressure plate and clutch or SOHC protege stuff?

Comment

when i ran my car 16.0 i was running stock b6 clutch kit. I know have the centerforce dual friction for the b6. I'm using the stock b6 flywheel. The reason being is because i dont want to buy the 1.8 and finding out that it wont fit. Iknow most of u guys said that it (1.8 dx flywheel) will fit but I kinda dont trust wut u guys said anymore cuz u guys (pople on this forum and the old forum) said that the lx rear disc will fit but it didn't on my car and so as the LX fuel pump. I had to costumize everything to make it fit. So dont get me wrong but removeing the clutch on a Saturday and finding out that the flywheel that u took out and the clutch kit that u bought wont fit after removing the tranny off the car is just too much of a hassle. I just want to make sure that it'll fit so i did wut i had to do.... dont listen everything online...

Comment

Guess what 1ofdfew323, let me see if someday I drive to San Jose and help you out mount those rear rotors. You saw the ones in my 323, so it does work. Maybe is the LM (lack of mechanic), just kiddin. I know you have done your time w/ tools and swappin motors.

What kind of paint did you use for the rims?

Comment

i have the LX rear brake kit that i got from a 94 LX....WTF. I will give u my miata rims if u can make it fit w/ no mod just the LX kit and if u can't u will give me ur rims. How about that?
              LM u say ? Is that y u had to come down (2hrs drive) for me to show u which wire to cut when all i did was read the schematic diagram and common sense. THere a joke for u buddy.

Comment

I understand where ur coming from can't believe everything u read on the web.

You asked me what tranny I was running and I told U MX3 1.6 tranny with SOHC Pro clutch and pressure plate. My stock tranny broke with the b6 before I did the swap a year ago. The MX3 tranny was the only tranny I found in the junkyard. My b6 short block was all off an 88' 323 flywheel and everything. So when my buddy and I finished the BP swap TURNED ON THE CAR and it didn't move it stayed in neutral. I was pissed. It was because of the 88' 323 flywheel. My buddy's friend had Pro SOHC for parts. I had to buy flywheel clutch pressure plate used to get the car home. Protege SOHC clutch kit is the same thing as 323 b6 so if u bought the 323 kit cool. Ask WTF about the rear disc brakes hes done it to his car. I don't know about disc brakes in rear haven't tried it. Mostly all the N/A 323's, Proteges and KIA Sephia are running 15.2 and 14.9 on the streets of P.R... DOHC & KIA trannys are the best for 1/4 mile abuse.
                Last edited by 323Foreword; 06-15-2004, 09:06 PM.

Comment

14 seconds and 15 seconds are nothing to be proud of...... hell my dads 96 deville runs high 14's and its heavy as hell and has 100k+ miles on it!

Comment

I know i talked and seen WTF cars and yes he do have the rear disc brakes. I think my rear disc brakes is somewhat messed up on the thread where the brake line connects cuz if it does fit it should work but it didnt when i tried to do the swap.

I've been hearing about this kia tranny for a while im just curious If i have my mods now and i get that kia tranny w/ a performance clutch which flywheel do i use? and what year model kia should i get that tranny from? W/ the mod that i have u think i can hit low 15's if i replace my tranny to kia? how's the ride on the kia tranny at 65mph on the freeway?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
                      14 seconds and 15 seconds are nothing to be proud of...... hell my dads 96 deville runs high 14's and its heavy as hell and has 100k+ miles on it!
                      good for ur Dad...now u can tell him to go to the runs on the weekend w/ u and starts talking **** since thats wut u like to do on this forum.....dawg! are u lost?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
                        14s and 15s are something to be proud of on something that has almost 3 times less hp than your dad's piece of **** Cadillac. I'd like to see how easily your dad could make his Crapillac hit 12s or 13s, because that's the same difference. Here's a list of Deville recalls:

2000: Some cars have internal fluid leaks in brake hydraulic control unit; when rear-brake proportioning, antilock-braking, traction-control, or stability-control feature is activated in some driving situations, feature may not perform as designed. 2001: Some seatbelt assemblies fail to comply with a 30-pound pushbutton release-effort requirement and may be difficult to unlatch in a crash. 2001: Sunvisor center supports may be too small, increasing the possibility of injuries, such as lacerations, during a collision. 2001-02: Lap- and shoulder-belt retractors may not remain locked. 2002: Airbag inflator may fracture during deployment, endangering passengers. 2002: Steering-gear attachment bolts may be undertorqued or missing, resulting in uneven steering response or unusual noise in turns. 2002-03: Faulty fuel-tank sensors may have been installed in certain vehicles, leading to fuel leakage. Dealer will inspect and replace all affected parts.
                        Here's a list of 90-94 Protege recalls:

Automatic seatbellt mechanism

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                          I know i talked and seen WTF cars and yes he do have the rear disc brakes. I think my rear disc brakes is somewhat messed up on the thread where the brake line connects cuz if it does fit it should work but it didnt when i tried to do the swap.

I've been hearing about this kia tranny for a while im just curious If i have my mods now and i get that kia tranny w/ a performance clutch which flywheel do i use? and what year model kia should i get that tranny from? W/ the mod that i have u think i can hit low 15's if i replace my tranny to kia? how's the ride on the kia tranny at 65mph on the freeway?
                          Use this tranny when u break yours why waste your money. I think you will get good e.t.s it's all in the 60' foot 15.6. Getting mild head work will make a big difference.

97' Kia Sephia GS it came with BP motor, But have high compression pistons. There are three opinions EGT, KIA and Pro LX all are hard to find and expensive. The axles on a Kia Sephia are stronger and the gear ratios bigger. B6 tranny has more top end. The ride on the kia tranny fifth gear is crap.

This Kia is turbo with Mazda BPT

Stock Kia motor different car

Comment

I have a kia tranny in my backyard ..lol.

yeah, if you get the Kia tranny, you will have to use the G flywheel and get another clutch. Yup that's right you will have to purchase another flywheel and change your clutch.
                            You will also have to change your axles to.

1of knows most of this though.
                            Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by WTF
                              Guess what 1ofdfew323, let me see if someday I drive to San Jose and help you out mount those rear rotors. You saw the ones in my 323, so it does work. Maybe is the LM (lack of mechanic), just kiddin. I know you have done your time w/ tools and swappin motors.

What kind of paint did you use for the rims?
                              what are you guys the bickering brothers .... lmao .... just kidding.

So you got your disc brakes from a protege lX and used the protege lX brake lines and they fit right up .....
                              Is that correct.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

me and WTF we cool like that. We just joke around too much. Anyhow, I 'm not planning on swapping my tranny just being curious. I like the b6 tranny holding right now as a matter of fact i smoked a limeted supra yesterday w/ 2 passenger on my car and he got 1 passenger.

Anyways until this tranny breaks down i wont replace it....

Comment

Working...
                                X