No announcement yet.

Just to slap them down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on what I have heard before, the maximum theoretical speed for the Protege is 142 mph, under perfect conditions, on a flat grade with no wind. In reality, though, these cars are 10+ years old, and driving conditions on a highway are far from perfect. Plus, I couldn't imagine my Pro DX going faster than maybe 120, with a 4-5 mile stretch of road.

Going downhill, though, changes things a bit. Going downhill, on a straight road, with larger-than-stock wheels and brand-new tires, and riding close to cutoff for 5 or more miles, I could see hitting the higher speeds. But then again, with a speedometer that only goes to 140 and, as I understand, is very inaccurate even at that, how would you know how fast you were going?
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Fly by a cops radar station

Comment

Last tuesday I had my protege to 125 with my sunroof open

But it was pretty much done right there... Maybe it was 124, I don't think I quite made it to 125.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

well of course your sunroof was open, theres noother way to travel!
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

wow, this thread has gone forever!
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

i did 200km/h in my 90, took forever on an up and down road
              maybe 190-200 i tend to watch the road when doing that speed, not the tach
              No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Oooo, look at you, the big man. Ever think that maybe they were just going from A to B and they couldn't igve a **** about you? I don't know why losers like you do stuff like this.
                2002 Blackmica P5
                CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Originally posted by redfyre
                  I don't know why losers like you do stuff like this.
                  What, make flaming posts on car forums? You're right, you'd have to be a loser to do something like that
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by redfyre
                    Oooo, look at you, the big man. Ever think that maybe they were just going from A to B and they couldn't igve a **** about you? I don't know why losers like you do stuff like this.
                    Originally posted by the asshole in his profileVehicle Owned
                    Biography 031 - Deathtech
                    Location Ontario Canada
                    Interests
                    Occupation Military
                    so uh, do u represent the entire canadian military?
                    Last edited by silver03p5; 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                      What, make flaming posts on car forums? You're right, you'd have to be a loser to do something like that
                      Yeah only losers do that

Comment

well, redfyre. im sorry you feel that way. but id like to invite you to keep your opinions to yourself when they are totally uncalled for.

if i want your opinion, ill send you an e-mail k?
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

well kiddx i belive u bout goin 160mph only cause ive buried my needle myself, i was goin 140 like at 6500 tho not 7000 and yes it was downhill on a highway, and if it werent for them damn cops i probly would have got some air goin up the hill, so i know how fast i was goin, you can ask the ky state police, it took them a good 15-20 min to turn around and catch up, poor depribed cops, not enough power to move thier fat asses, any ways i talked him into writing the ticket for 95 too keep my but outta jail the speed limit was 65, and it scared the crap outta me too.
                          93 pro w/ rigged intake, resignator back 2 1/2 inch exhaust (no muffler) and a alpha otto single deck wing, blackout tails, clear corners, silvania ultra bright white halogens, blue plate lights, blue washer led's, 2 1/2" fogs

Comment

Just because the needle is buried doesn't mean you're going 160....
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

hehe ill bury your needle baby...
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

just because your needle might say you're going
                                130 doesnt necessarily mean that you're really going that
                                fast.
                                Mike A.

Comment

Working...
                                X