• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks to be an older Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
      B Potent if you think your cars so great, we got a 200 shot over here

hahaha, i didnt say anything about my car being "so great" but whatever, it isnt no slow poke i can tell you that. If your ever in florida i'd love to run whatever that is in your picture, just means its time to up the boost

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

B-potent, that's a nice MX-3, I really like your setup. I could see you pulling on a SRT4 without too much trouble. Ever been to the dragstrip with your car? BTW do you have your VICS butterfly still operating, or are they stuck open? I heard that VICS isn't good for forced-induction, does it have any negative affect with your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by P-rotege
          B-potent, that's a nice MX-3, I really like your setup. I could see you pulling on a SRT4 without too much trouble. Ever been to the dragstrip with your car? BTW do you have your VICS butterfly still operating, or are they stuck open? I heard that VICS isn't good for forced-induction, does it have any negative affect with your setup?
          Thanks bro, i appreciate it. I haven't been to the dragstrip with my turbo setup on it, i am planning on it soon though. Yea my VICS is still operating, i dont really see a problem with it because if anything it is adding power. The way i see it is at 5k rpm when the butterfly opens i'm already under boost and running rich anyway, so the extra air let through the VICS runners+boost pressure+extra fuel=more power because air+fuel=power. You kinda get what i'm saying? And on top of that i can feel it pull hard when the VICS opens up, my tach just buries really fast once i hit boost. I cant wait to take it to the track though. Right now as i am, an educated guess leads me to believe i am well into the 13's. I am gonna up the boost to 14psi with 460cc injectors in a few weeks and then get a dyno tune and i figure that with traction (drag radials) i should be able to dip into the 12s which is my goal before the new year. Hopefully when i get the megasquirt i can juice this thing for all the power it has.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

do you think your ECU (is it a GTX or NA one?) can handle the 460cc injectors along with 14 psi well?

Comment

Absolutely, i dont see why not. I actually plan on doing a megasquirtnspark in a few weeks because i like the idea of having a laptop in my car,haha. I'm running the safc which really has no limitations no matter what ecu. The thing is the ecu only knows what you tell it to do, people lose concept of that. It find out what to do from what the motor tells it. And when the safc receives the signal from the motor before the ecu and changes it, the ecu will do it no problem. Theres ppl running b6t ecu's on bp-turbo setups, because they have known this concept for awhile. What are you using for management?

Comment

Mc hit that one on the head, its a 94 LT1 Corvette, its got a completely built motor, entire system port and polished, completely forged / balanced bottom end, high comp pistons, aggressive cam. bored out, headers , catless, straightpipe exhaust, cold air intake and now a 200 shot to top it off if you can run low 11's feel free to come and play This cars located in pensacola florida
                Last edited by Vash00es; 08-26-2005, 11:24 AM.
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Is that your car Vash?? got any vids

B-Potent, have you ever tried the GTX or GTR intake manifold? I have heard that they are better just because the butterflies obstruct the flow a lot while under boost, and the straight-through design is more desirable with forced induction. How much did your setup cost, minus all the safc stuff? that'd be sick if you hit 12's, good luck with that.

Comment

its my fathers car, im down here for the week rice hunting

In Pensacola every saturday night, theres this little deserted area of town that is like Ricer Central, its were all the ricer losers go and hang out and check out there SUPER FAST HONDA CIVICS, i think im gonna go down there this saturday and stir up some trouble
                    Last edited by Vash00es; 08-26-2005, 11:46 AM.
                    Joe H
                    2000 Chevy Impala
                    3400 3.4 Liter V6
                    Fun Times

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent
                      Absolutely, i dont see why not. I actually plan on doing a megasquirtnspark in a few weeks because i like the idea of having a laptop in my car,haha. I'm running the safc which really has no limitations no matter what ecu. The thing is the ecu only knows what you tell it to do, people lose concept of that. It find out what to do from what the motor tells it. And when the safc receives the signal from the motor before the ecu and changes it, the ecu will do it no problem. Theres ppl running b6t ecu's on bp-turbo setups, because they have known this concept for awhile. What are you using for management?

I do know exactly how an AFC works since I designed and built one myself (see my signature). Due to this I also know of its limitations - you are basically running a non-linear amplifier from your airflow meter to your computer. You are still limited to your stock fuel curve and the upper and lower bounds of your airflow meter signal.

I am currently running the BP55 GTX ECU along with a Walbro pump and RX7 VAF with 330cc injectors.

Comment

But everyone knows that there is no domestic v8 love on this forum

So in that case, im gonna stick with the 4 banger scene, heres my 10 second, 178 mph top speed 4 banger

Excuse the ****ty handwriting on the identity card, i wrote it on the wall, lol

Joe H
                        2000 Chevy Impala
                        3400 3.4 Liter V6
                        Fun Times

Comment

haha, ricer central. If you wanna play on the weekends here in florida make a trip here to tampa. I will personally set you up with a civic hatch who will probably hand you your ass. Thats a sick corvette though if it is all you say it is, post some pictures it sounds hot. As far as my set up goes P-rotege i think my total setup cost me about 1k because i have connections. I bought the turbo off a friend for a 100 bucks, its rebuilt. The manifold i had a friend weld the flange for me and i bought it for like 150. Mandrel bent piping and intercooler were about 400 total. Downpipe, electronics, etc take up the rest of it. I did all the work myself besides the welding. I'll post more pictures tonight if i can with all the intercooler piping and stuff. 12's is the goal before the new year, i am pretty confident i will be able to dip in the 12's. We will see though, its a fun ass car and it can handle too. I built the car to have fun and also because it is unique, not many mazdas with pistons around here. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                            But everyone knows that there is no domestic v8 love on this forum

So in that case, im gonna stick with the 4 banger scene, heres my 10 second, 178 mph top speed 4 banger

Excuse the ****ty handwriting on the identity card, i wrote it on the wall, lol
                            niiiiice 600cc i'm assuming? i really want an R1 but i doubt it'll ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent
                              haha, ricer central. If you wanna play on the weekends here in florida make a trip here to tampa. I will personally set you up with a civic hatch who will probably hand you your ass. Thats a sick corvette though if it is all you say it is, post some pictures it sounds hot. As far as my set up goes P-rotege i think my total setup cost me about 1k because i have connections. I bought the turbo off a friend for a 100 bucks, its rebuilt. The manifold i had a friend weld the flange for me and i bought it for like 150. Mandrel bent piping and intercooler were about 400 total. Downpipe, electronics, etc take up the rest of it. I did all the work myself besides the welding. I'll post more pictures tonight if i can with all the intercooler piping and stuff. 12's is the goal before the new year, i am pretty confident i will be able to dip in the 12's. We will see though, its a fun ass car and it can handle too. I built the car to have fun and also because it is unique, not many mazdas with pistons around here. Peace
                              Its safe up to a 250 shot if any busters wanna get serious
                              Joe H
                              2000 Chevy Impala
                              3400 3.4 Liter V6
                              Fun Times

Comment

and i dont mean to sound arrogant, but its making about 500 hp, and thats without the nitrious

Like the size of the rear meats?

Last edited by Vash00es; 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM.
                                Joe H
                                2000 Chevy Impala
                                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                                Fun Times

Comment

Working...
                                X