Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you are saying, and I am not trying to nay-say you at all. There are many variables that go into a motor and everyone is different. I do agree that many get to 200 hp and call it a day. Money is usally a factor with this, or its just the fact that they are happy with that much power in the little cars thatwe drive. I think that around 200whp in these cars is plently, but its always better to have more...
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Well I am at 212, want to get to 225, but will end up for 250 I think. Anyways, I just want to let you guys know, CFM plays more a role than PSI. PSI on two different Turbos dont' mean anything. If he has a big enough T3 at 8psi he could be pushing as much air as a VJ20 does at 15+ psi. If you guys don't understand flow-charts yet go find out to. Go read that book about boost.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

I know there is a ****ton more to turboing a car that I have no idea about, and would like to know. I understand the size of a turbo makes a huge difference in power outputs, (cfm.) But right now i am trying to kick ass in school, and the car **** is on the backburner.
        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Bugs, do you use a VAF? Did you play around with the spring settings at all or lowered the the VAF output using the SAFC?

Im curious because on the stock RX7 VAF, I hit boost cut at about 16psi on the VJ20 and the VAF measures the volume of air coming into the motor accounting for cfm

Originally posted by BuGS
          Well I am at 212, want to get to 225, but will end up for 250 I think. Anyways, I just want to let you guys know, CFM plays more a role than PSI. PSI on two different Turbos dont' mean anything. If he has a big enough T3 at 8psi he could be pushing as much air as a VJ20 does at 15+ psi. If you guys don't understand flow-charts yet go find out to. Go read that book about boost.

Comment

bad news, drama happened this friday night. Got court and **** to go to, they are trying to peg me with street racing. All i can say to you guys is do your research.....180whp can be achieved on a vj20 at like 10 psi. I will post more later, i'm at work, but good luck everyone. []Deace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

how did they catch u racing?

Comment

they said by helicopter, got it on tape and ****, but who knows, i doubt it. Anyways it was with this 330ci sports package, we smoked him, but then cars were coming up ahead, i couldnt stop so i tried to get into his lane ahead of him, but when i did he was at my rear fender and i had to brake and correct the other way. We got sideways but i took control and only my wheels hit the bottom of the concrete side barrier. So now i'm getting the rota auto x's black w/ red lip, brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors, and everything else after i get my sentence from court. But this really sucks and i could lose my license for up to a yr, but the lawyer has me covered so i might get off with almost nothing. ****in bmw drivers nowadays, cant accept they lost to a mazda.....[]Deace fellas

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

And this is how kids die

Comment

its not even like that man, dont assume nothin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                      Bugs, do you use a VAF? Did you play around with the spring settings at all or lowered the the VAF output using the SAFC?

Im curious because on the stock RX7 VAF, I hit boost cut at about 16psi on the VJ20 and the VAF measures the volume of air coming into the motor accounting for cfm

Yes I did, I richened it up a little, but you aren't hitting the boost cut on the maf, it is the ECU. Get a SAFC II and use that to tune the ECU even more. With bigger injectors the SAFC makes the ECU think that there isn't as much air comming in. Thats how SAFC's work. Like right now at idle the vaf shows 2.8% open, but since the SAFC is tuned down to tell the ECU it is 49% less the ecu thinks that it is only like 1.4% open. Thats how it works. But I can tell you now, at 12 psi the VAF is only going up to 70% open max. That I have only seen once too. When I was dyoning without a filter on . That was when we where finding out if it was airflow ristriction or what. Ended up being spark plugs...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent
                        its not even like that man, dont assume nothin.

It just sounds dangerous from your story ... I've got nothing to assume I wasn't there

Comment

I know exactly how an AFC works - after all I did build one.

The way boost cut is set on our cars is that if the ECU senses a certain voltage from the VAF above a certain threshold that on a stock VAF would result in 14.7 psi, it cuts fuel on the GTX ECU. So, let's say the VAF has to open 80% and it cuts fuel.

I've hit that boost cut on my car, but I've also played around with the VAF spring - making it looser and therefore tricking the computer to thinking there is more air coming in by having the VAF open wider. This results in more fuel being delivered and a lower boost cut.

Anyways, are you "leaning out" the fuel curve at all under boost? I think I may yet still have to tighten that spring. Also, are you using an NA or RX-7 VAF?

It's interesting, but you're using the NA ECU - I am surprised it does not fall off it's maps for the higher VAF readings you are getting unless you are "leaning out" a lot using the SAFC.

Originally posted by BuGS
                          Yes I did, I richened it up a little, but you aren't hitting the boost cut on the maf, it is the ECU. Get a SAFC II and use that to tune the ECU even more. With bigger injectors the SAFC makes the ECU think that there isn't as much air comming in. Thats how SAFC's work. Like right now at idle the vaf shows 2.8% open, but since the SAFC is tuned down to tell the ECU it is 49% less the ecu thinks that it is only like 1.4% open. Thats how it works. But I can tell you now, at 12 psi the VAF is only going up to 70% open max. That I have only seen once too. When I was dyoning without a filter on . That was when we where finding out if it was airflow ristriction or what. Ended up being spark plugs...

Comment

sucks you got busted.... might want to have this thread or any others where you talk about racing deleted... if needed PM me.
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

You act like a fool and its bound to catch up with you in the end... i got a ticket afew weeks ago for running a redlight.. and thats the only ticket ive gotten, and ive probobly done 50+ offenses in my time.. it'll always catch up with you
                              Joe H
                              2000 Chevy Impala
                              3400 3.4 Liter V6
                              Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                              U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                              Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

dont give me that ****, i'm a grown ass man. **** happens and everyone knows that. Wow your real slick since you've gotten away with 50 or more offenses. Your the last person i wanna hear somethin from, your always trying to start somethin, specifically in my threads. Go drive your daddy's corvette.

Comment

Working...
                                X