Integra GSR vs. 323 bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charles

What? The tranny that's in 1ofdfew323's 323 was off the 1.6L, which had a final drive of 4.11. The 1.8L SOHC has a final drive of 3.62. The 1.8L DOHC (G-series) has a final drive of 4.11.

P.S., you can get a 4.833 final drive from Mazda Motorsports, it's only like $2800 or something. Haha
    so the sohc tranny and the dohc tranny have the same finale drive? which is 4.11.?

Comment

G5M-R 1990-1991 1st generation 1.8 liter DOHC 2WD Protegé
      G25M-R 1992-1994 1st generation and 1995 2nd generation 1.8 liter
      DOHC 2WD Protegé
      G5MX-R 1990-1991 1st generation 4WD Protegé and 323/Familia GT-X
      G25MX-R 1992-1993 323/Familia GT-R/GT-Ae
      F5M-R 1990-1991 1st generation 1.6 liter DOHC and 1.8 liter SOHC
      2WD Protegé
      F25M-R 1992-1994 1st generation 1.6 liter DOHC and 1.8 liter SOHC,
      2nd generation 1.5 liter, 1996-1998 2nd generation 1.8 liter, and 3rd
      generation Protegé

Depending on what you have above:

F5M-R:
      Used with B6-E (MY90-91) B8-ME (MY90-91)
      Type 5MT, FWD 5MT, FWD
      1st gear 3.416:1 3.416:1
      2nd gear 1.842:1 1.842:1
      3rd gear 1.290:1 1.290:1
      4th gear 0.918:1 0.918:1
      5th gear 0.731:1 0.731:1
      Final drive 4.105:1 3.619:1
      Reverse 3.214:1 3.214:1
      Differential open open

Shift mechanism remote, rod actuation

all off of theMan's Protege FAQ. heres the link.

(click on transmission info)

the rest are on there. just go look, I am too lazy to paste the rest in
      Last edited by D323; 01-28-2004, 08:34 PM.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
        so the sohc tranny and the dohc tranny have the same finale drive? which is 4.11.?
        Yes, although the gearing is still a little different.

You'd have the B6-E transmission, right? (The 1.6L SOHC) .
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

the way it goes....

final drives via mazda repair manual....
          LX G5M-R or G25M-R same final drive-4.105
          DX/ f series(both f2m-5 and f25m-r) final drive-3.619
          B6(323) f series(both f2m-5 and f25m-r) final drive-3.850
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

so how do u remove one gear out of one tranny and put it on the next one? isn't one of the gear has one whole shaft?

Comment

im not exactly sure on that... i got a book showing how to do it (factory repair manual) but i think i'll take it to a tranny shop and ask them about it
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

look at my post can't wait in the test forum.
                There is a link in there that tells you how to do the 5th gear swap ......

---------------
                I knew there was a difference in the 323 5th gear and the protege 5th gear.
                Bruce
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

OK... finally we were able to race today...
                  well u guys r rite he did beat me a car length ahead on my 4th gear. 1/4 mile...

I had full interior 9 degree timing ( not advance ) , Im using my 323 stock vaf, piping with the stock intake box and filter. ( the reason being is bcuz i needed to get my car to pass the somg so im trying to put everything to stock ) All i had was the headers, magnecore wires, no spare tires and jack. and my friends car got the intake headers, no spare tires n jack.

We raced at a light i got him on my first but by the time i hit my 2nd gear he was already next to me . then i shifted to 2nd we were neck-to-neck till i shifted 3rd gear hewas passing me. ( creeping on my side ) and on my 4th gear i was 1 foot away from his rear bumper. I did everything i could to get him on my first but i couldn't his car is pretty quick but i ask him if he raced 99 civic si on the road he said yes witht the same mod. as his but he smoked him like 2 cars away so i guess with taht i can beat an si too...
                  good thing about the race was to let u'all know if w/ this set up we can keep up with the b18's...peace!

Comment

o yeah i will be racing him again in a month or 2 right when i get it to pass the smog i will install the rx-7 vaf and filter, lx piping...O i just got my mx-3 stock muffler installed w/ my catco high flow cat. the car is not that quitE theres still deep tone sound on low rpm and high throaty tone on high rpm but i love it!

Comment

I say it's still a good race. This also means that the car should be able to easily run with any civic with a B16. I think you could also benefit from better gearing to bro... The tranny in my 95 protege has really tall gears, that the BP that I installed really likes.
                      I have been considering to put the G tranny in my Protege and the putting the F tranny in my 323 with the clutch and flywheel that's in my protege currently.

This gives me a good measure on the speed of your 323.
                      I figure with the intake / rx7 vaf (tuned).
                      and good exhaust tuning. You should easily be able to keep up...

Ofcourse once we get cams, that's it .. it's over...
                      I really don't like the 323 4th and 5th gears....

You know this means that your car is proabably running, mid 15's....

Bruce
                      Last edited by bruce95fmla; 02-01-2004, 03:27 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        I say it's still a good race. This also means that the car should be able to easily run with any civic with a B16. I think you could also benefit from better gearing to bro... The tranny in my 95 protege has really tall gears, that the BP that I installed really likes.
                        I have been considering to put the G tranny in my Protege and the putting the F tranny in my 323 with the clutch and flywheel that's in my protege currently.

This gives me a good measure on the speed of your 323.
                        I figure with the intake / rx7 vaf (tuned).
                        and good exhaust tuning. You should easily be able to keep up...

Ofcourse once we get cams, that's it .. it's over...
                        I really don't like the 323 4th and 5th gears....

You know this means that your car is proabably running, mid 15's....

Bruce
                        my friends gsr w/ h/i/e. full interior, except for the jack n spare tire is running 15.00 at sacramento raceway. so im pretty sure my 323 is running 15's .HELL YEAH! 15's for a $800 car w/ $350 engine. that aint bad.
                        btw about the tranny...so u want me to get the 2nd gen pro tranny? or just the 4th and 5th gear? or is there any other option for a better ratio tranny meaning i need more top end...

Comment

well no I was saying that, I will more than likely put the tranny in my 2nd gen (F) into the 323 with the BP and then use the G tranny with a stronger clutch in the protege.

hmm thing is. If you pull your tranny, then you might as well drop the G tranny in there. But you will need the G flywheel and also another clutch.

The 5th gear on the dx 1st gen protege is better than the 323 gear.. It will drop your rpm's in 5th gear by a good amount over the 323 5th gear. (will help you save gas).

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                            hmm thing is. If you pull your tranny, then you might as well drop the G tranny in there. But you will need the G flywheel and also another clutch.
                            I thought that the G and F series used the same flywheel?

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                              I thought that the G and F series used the same flywheel?
                              nope two different flywheels.
                              The G flywheel has these raised notches on it.
                              the F flywheel is flat all around.

They use different pressure plates also, and clutch pad.
                              Bruce
                              Last edited by bruce95fmla; 02-03-2004, 03:21 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

would an aftermarket flywheel fit both????

Comment

Working...
                                X