No announcement yet.

Civic Si-R and Cavalier Z24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOu must have been driving extremely well cause the civics round here smoke them all day everday.......Nice Kills MAN............
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

not if he was shifting at like 4 grand, Im not sure when vtec kicks in but i believe its somwhere around or above 4 grand, without a controller. Civics are only fast at high rpm's.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

If he was racing why would he be shifting at 4k?

Comment

Originally posted by XLerate93
          If he was racing why would he be shifting at 4k?
          to win the mpg race

Comment

Here's my slip...
            Attached Files

Comment

time slip

Is this on 91 octane? What kind of front tires? I can tell because of your 60 ft times... apart from that I don't want to be an aZhhZ, but the slip "LOOKS" to clean if you know what I mean. Smells like Adobe!?>>>...? Anyway, just curious that it toook you aaalll this time to post the slip, but instead there are pictures of the doors. I just hope a SUV does not go off roading thru your side.

I know the RX7 AFm is for top end, the 18 degrees advance are meaningless as well as the rotors. The launch is too drastic for a front wheel drive on "regular" gas and "tires".

Thanks for posting anyway.

Damn its that I MUST SAY THIS IS THE CLEANEST TIME SLIP POSTED. NO WRINKLES TAKIN TO ACCOUNT ITS BEEN A WHILE FROM YOUR RUN. HELLOO?

:WTF:
              Last edited by WTF; 06-10-2004, 11:14 PM. Reason: curious observation?

Comment

Originally posted by WTF
                Is this on 91 octane? What kind of front tires? I can tell because of your 60 ft times... apart from that I don't want to be an aZhhZ, but the slip "LOOKS" to clean if you know what I mean. Smells like Adobe!?>>>...? Anyway, just curious that it toook you aaalll this time to post the slip, but instead there are pictures of the doors. I just hope a SUV does not go off roading thru your side.

I know the RX7 AFm is for top end, the 18 degrees advance are meaningless as well as the rotors. The launch is too drastic for a front wheel drive on "regular" gas and "tires".

Damn its that I MUST SAY THIS IS THE CLEANEST TIME SLIP POSTED. NO WRINKLES TAKIN TO ACCOUNT ITS BEEN A WHILE FROM YOUR RUN. HELLOO?

Haha. You're pretty funny. If I had posted 14.3 drag times, then you should be weary. But dude, 15.7 is far from spectacular. If you want, I can take a PICTURE of the timeslip for you. I didn't feel it necessary to post my timeslip before, but I had it scanned since the day after my run. I'm sorry that my scanner is good, and I didn't piss on my timeslip or wrinkle it into a ball first.

Also, RX7 AFM ISN'T just for top end. This is my dyno chart for the RX7 AFM.

Also, I run 94 octane, and that enables me to make more power by advancing my initial ignition timing to 18 degrees. This mod got me 7whp over the stock 10 degrees. I can show you that dyno too, but I don't have one sheet with both on it. I'll go to the shop and get it printed out for you.

I did that run with 195/60/14 Azenis at 20PSI. 250lbs was removed from my car, so including my fat ass, the drag weight was 2500lbs.

What else you got?
                Last edited by Gen1GT; 06-11-2004, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                  What else you got?

Why are you getting so worked up on a 15.7 run? Isn't that what the factory 1/4 is rated at?

Comment

Originally posted by WTF

Dude, those are my tires he was using and I've seen the slip in person...why are you doubting?

As for the doors, those are the doors off of my wrecked GT (doors were fine)...he gutted them and swaps them on only for drag runs.

Why are you getting so worked up on a 15.7 run? Isn't that what the factory 1/4 is rated at?
                    I think he's being pretty nice for getting called BS on a 15.7 run.
                    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                      I think he's being pretty nice for getting called BS on a 15.7 run.
                      I wasn't refering to Gen1, I was refering to WTF.

Comment

Ah, I was kind of confused on that since you quoted Gen1GT. It's all good.
                        My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                        - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Crinkle the timeslip up and rescan it if it makes him happy. lol

Comment

Factory is 16.8 I believe. I ran a 16.3 when I first got it, with only a muffler. I went to the stip again tonight, but couldn't get any traction. Best 1/4 was a 15.77. Only got one 60' less than 2.3. I think I was tired too, since I had a couple E/Ts that were over .300.

Comment

Actually I beleive its 16.5, thats what my del sol ran stock. I remember me and Jon looking at stats and they were the same.

Comment

Thats funny, Just check this out:

This is a timeslip of a Ford Focus Zetec 2.0 with 170 Hp capable of doin 15's.

I am not doubting anything, is the drastic launch, good 60 feet, but then the chokes at the 1/8, and for makin 15.7 the MPH are very low.

84 miles per hour is usually a 16.2 to a 16.4. Just comparing the 60 feet, 1/8 and the final result. I would expect better MPH at the end for a 15.7.

So, ok, wrinkle it a little bit and then send me a picture. See, how you open up and said about the gasoline and the tires and weight. I was just curious, thanks for the info and nice car. Don't get offensive, just had some doubt and asked the questions and I appreciate you answered them.

Comment

Working...
                                X