No announcement yet.

Photoshopped a set of wheels on my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you talking about my wheels now? The tires that came with them were 195/55/r15.

Comment

No Joel, mine...
      We're trying to match the overall diameter (of your wheels) and new tires to the overall diameter of my current setup. That's what I THINK we're doing.

Comment

correct, well relatively correct, i plugged it in using the 185/65/14 numbers and came up with 205/50/15 or 205/55/15, the 50's are about one mph under and the 55's are about one over, keep in mind your speedometer is probably off by 2 - 3 mph, lol, if you know which direction it's off you can probably correct it

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
          No Joel, mine...
          We're trying to match the overall diameter (of your wheels) and new tires to the overall diameter of my current setup. That's what I THINK we're doing.
          I started typing that post, had to leave the computer for a couple of minutes, finished typing, and THEN checked my email...

Comment

Joel, I see...

95ProLeila, why is it off right now? Because the "original" are 13" or something?

Comment

Actually, if you have a spare 20 minutes or so, it wouldn't be a bad idea to check your speedometer. Just get a stopwatch, get on the freeway, set the cruise to 60 and hit the stopwatch at a mile marker, whatever the time is at the next mile will be the actual speed.

Comment

No, most speedometers are just off

Comment

Only reason I brought it up is bc if your speedo is off by 3, and your tires add another 1 mph, you're goin thru a school zone or something and an anal cop pulls you over for doin 25 that would suck

EDIT: while I was thinkin about it, I checked the 195/55/15's, came up 59.9 mph, only .1 too slow. Might be worth checkin eBay for the wheels, might come up w/ somethin good
                  Last edited by 95ProLeila; 04-08-2004, 09:49 PM.

Comment

For the wheels or tires? You're confusing me a little. Weren't you the one who said I shouldn't get the wheels unless I can mount something like 215 or at least 205?

Comment

215 is what you want to shoot for, about the widest you can get w/o using offsets. 205s arent bad tho, and since you're not planning on getting new wheels remotely soon its not bad at all. Anything is an upgrade from 185s. I was just commenting that the tires that came stock on the wheels you're talking about were 195s and they really wouldn't mess w/ your speedo
                      Last edited by 95ProLeila; 04-08-2004, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I see what you're saying.
                        Well, I've been looking ever since I posted this thread. Unfortunately no one is selling right now. There's a set (no tires on them), but they're too expensive. I am looking for a person selling their own wheels+tires, and I'm willing to spend no more than $300. If I find a deal like that I am not going to pass it.

Comment

Yeah, just keep your eyes open, check ebay once a week or so. Something will come up, I'm tempted by the lightweight miata wheels myself, but I prolly won't get them

Comment

A local tire dealership/repair place has a catalog full of aftermarket wheels, ranging in price and size. I looked at the catalog briefly when I went in to get a hole in my tire repaired, they had a few nice sets of 15's and 16's, star patterns, for $65 apiece. Rubber to make the overall tire the same size would be an additional $65 apiece, for a grand total around $520 + tax. I'm still looking for potential better deals in the meantime, but once I have the money saved up, if I haven't found better, I'm going for the 16's.
                            I don't need a new car- this one still runs.

Mods to date (5.22.04): CAI, MSD Blaster SS coil, APC cone filter, 2" exhaust from manifold back, 3A Racing performance muffler w/7" tip, dashboard graphics, new gas tank (painted red).

Up Next: body kit, wing, paint, interior, sound system, short shifter

Future: engine swap, NOS

Comment

Sounds good, but again... Unless I sell a lot of voltmeters (link) I am not gonna be able to afford those.

Comment

Working...
                              X