No announcement yet.

2nd Annual ClubProtege Meet Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i'm moving to MI in Oct. sooooo i'm going to work on the MI people and see if i can't build a group there to come next year
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

The stigma that Ky is all redneck and 50years behind time...

Originally posted by bpt323
      i'll await your email david. what exactly are you implying by it reflects the backwoods of kentucky too much???
      thats all I was implying to that.

Not joking around that time.

I believe that finding the ideal location for us to meet yearly is most crutial in the first meets to meet the most desirable facilities for the travelers and formost the Mazda enthusiast of this group and other group we may invite.

Impressions do make a difference. I was mostly Impressed with the members. I have yet to meet a member on CP that attended the meet that was fake. I must admit I was on my best behavior around the ladies!

I had to do System restore again on the dinosaur!
      email is back up.

David

Location decission Pending.
      Use this page to find a state park that’s perfect for you and find out why Kentucky State Parks are among the top state parks you’ll find anywhere!

Look at the list of parks, they are all good, it's not easy being the person to choose the location for the taste of this large membership, however how can I go wrong, and this list doesn't even list the parks in the national system of Ky

No Swim waters I would recommend NOT FOR SWIMMING are:

OHIO RIVER

KY RIVER

KY SWAP AND BAYOUS

A shark was landed on Mississippi River near the bounderies of St. Louis, Mo. this year.

Hugh ass turtles and large snakes are in the wet lands of Ky.

I may never see the Amazon, why go, I live in Ky. I run the rivers here. I see more wild animals in its habitat than all the numbers in the Ft. Worth Zoo, on a 2 day River trip on the Red River in Logan Co, Ky.

And My Protege packs a mean ass boat on top too!
      http://www.beechbend.com/Dragstrip.htm
      Last edited by riverrunnernky; 08-23-2007, 12:36 AM.
      David
      sigpic Ky

Comment

I have faith next years meet is going to be awesome! I trust that you will make a most excellent decision David! I just hope I have a few more things done to the Scort by then and actually have my drivers license on this trip!
        1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
        Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
        R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

D.L. is a benifit! & a wise choice when leaving the state
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

<-----puts a force field around him to help protect him from all the **** that's going to fly.

I may not be attending again . Looks like florida will happen in june sometime.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well we can make the meet that weekend just for you.........

.......only thing is, IF YOU DO NOT COME, after we have set this up to work with you, then I am seriously going to do something, I'm really not quite sure yet, but it's going to be bad. So I'll just have to get back to you on that. Are we clear?

Comment

location, location location

well the eugene/springfield/marcola area has ALOT of windy roads and few cops.

Interactive world weather map. Track hurricanes, cyclones, storms. View LIVE satellite images, rain radar, forecast maps of wind, temperature for your location.

^ map of eugene

Interactive world weather map. Track hurricanes, cyclones, storms. View LIVE satellite images, rain radar, forecast maps of wind, temperature for your location.

^map of springfield

^ map or marcola

erm the only problem is theft and rainy weather.

and oily roads.
                Engine:
                2.2L
                4-cyl
                make:
                Saturn
                Model:
                vue
                Transmssion:
                MANUAL :ARCADE:
                Rims:
                alloy
                Drive Terrain:
                FWD
                -------
                lol the head looks like styrofome!
                i'll get pics when i can get my hands on a camera! LOL

Comment

The west coast is a bigger problem.

Thank you for the input though.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                    don't disregard it, however it may be useful for a west coast meet
                    True, but we are trying to set up a east coast/central meet.

I'm not opposed to west coast meets, just don't count on me being there.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro
                      Eastsiiiiiiiiide bitches lol. Jp. Oh yea jho, I'll be there fo shizzle Doesn't even matter when it is
                      Woot! What changed?

Father's day weekend is a bad idea. Let's shoot for the weekend after.

So June 20-22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                        Woot! What changed?

Father's day weekend is a bad idea. Let's shoot for the weekend after.

So June 20-22nd.
                        agreed!!
                        miss my '93 LX at every corner
                        photo album
                        Catch me on Facebook

Comment

So does this sound good to everyone else?

Should I make it official?

Comment

yes.
                            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

3rd weekend of June 2008

Originally posted by Turpro
                              Sounds like a plan
                              I can work with it!

I can give further info as soon as I hear from Rough River State Campground.

This place is one I've camped only recent few years back. And It is centrally located, in Grayson County, Leitchfield, Ky. off Western Ky parkway near I-65.

Bowling Green was a bad experince this past week, in short and I believe that Barren River is to fishing oriented to sportsmen for us to enjoy it like we did at Devil's lake.

Before I endorse a meeting place for us to meet I want it to be a safe place with some reasonable rules in place.

No one likes fun more than I do, but for us to gather in a place of no boundaries is a formula for club failure!

The only way I will recommend Beech Bend Park is if I come out of retirement to become Cheif of Security Operations their. I'm not holding my breath for long on and answer from them to my offer.

Beech Bend is located in Bowling Green, Ky and 28 miles from my boyhood home. I'm saddened that my foul visit will null our thoughts and my dreams of a meet close to my Gramdma's house. But I can live with my discission to cut that Idea and seek another of a Central Kentucky location.

Rough River Lake is about 35 miles or so from Bowling Green, Ky and a 1/2 hour drive from Elizabethtown, Ky which is almost centrally located in the center of the state. It is a real descent place.

Rough River Dam is surrounded by rolling countryside overlooking a 5,000 acre lake. Some of the finest fishing in the state is to be found in the deep waters of Rough River.

I will post just as soon as the park returns my request of pricing and any group rates.

I need a poll run for an idea of attendees asap.

The set up is for now for a show of between 75 and 100 cars, as a guesstimated target! I'm using cars over people in numbers because of most of us will be camping. Lodgings is also available.

Please see the links. A fine 18 hole golf coarse is at the old Green Farm also, built since 2000.

David
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

thank you gentlemen!

Originally posted by Jho
                                Done meaning the poll was started, not that we have our final head count.
                                Checking my email now for futher communication from Rough River Lake.

David
                                David
                                sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                                X