Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5l1mm
    why not Beirut?
    great idea! im assuming that since you thought of the idea you'll rent us a DC-10 to carry all of our cars there?

Thanks man your the ****!

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
    Tim (projectmx) brought up a good point earlier, we should definitely try to set up driving trains going to the meet. this will make life a bit more fun for everyone.
    a train starting in the great lakes area will be planned for sure, picking up a few of the ohio/indiana guys on the trip over.

anyone else liek this idea?
    sounds good especially since there 489,435 states between me and the rest of you......damn peninsulas....
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
      and there should definately be a NY/NJ/new england train as well
      since everyone is coming threw cinci to go to ky everyone from the midwest and northeast can stop at my crib.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

You'll be ok I'm sure...

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
        sounds like great weather! 85 is a bit low for me but i can deal with it.

The lattitude here in in Ky at 85 is different than Madison, WI.

I sweat hard here at 85 in the hill climbs, compared to the Devil's lake climbs.

I think the humidity is the main factor in that, Andy will probably say the same!

And so Far as location, I would like to have all search for a site by browsing Kentucky State Parks.

I can say my thought is Cave Run Lake is most likely the choice as per what I saw from other members and the comment of Devil's Lake and it scenic qualities.

There is much to think of in ammenities at a park so far as what our needs will be while there. If it's a 3 day event, and if a shelter is required.

I know of one great Spot in Logan County Kentucky we could get the culbhouse for a day as my family did all through in the 70s for our family reunion. It was at Lake Malone State Park. It has a camp ground (small), and a private nearby Dogwood campgroung, we could dominate that one!

Wherever you travel in Kentucky, you are never far from one of our 44 Kentucky State Parks.

No mooning the Acura drivers Jo!

This LX of mine has seen all the linked areas listed above and more, who needs the bowtie!
        Last edited by riverrunnernky; 07-19-2007, 04:16 PM.
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

i like trains

Comment

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
            and there should definately be a NY/NJ/new england train as well
            Yeah there will.........let's just hope your on it this time.

It was a little weak this past meet.

Comment

FTW, but yea ky is looking pretty entysing? cant wait where ever everyone decides.

Comment

Originally posted by martiniac
                It looks as if Kentucky has been choosen by majority. We still need to determine where within Kentucky the meet will occur. I think we should set up a poll for the date and for the location inside Kentucky.

Great idea Andy.

We need some options to choose from though. Like 3 good spots to choose from. Also, should the date part of the poll be June, July, or August, or more specific?

Comment

Mid june FTW!!!!
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Mid june sounds good to me let's do it!
                    1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                    Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                    R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Jo did you get time to see the links I posted on the last page

would it be reasonable to the moderators and administrator to set the poll based on your ideals of what is wanted from a site.

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                      Great idea Andy.

We need some options to choose from though. Like 3 good spots to choose from. Also, should the date part of the poll be June, July, or August, or more specific?
                      David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

mamouth cave is really fun. i think one of the choices should be beach bend park. riverrunner you will know what im talking about. they have a huge park to mess around in. camping area's, and best of all a 1/4 mile drag strip.. just anothe idea though.
                        Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that....

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
                        - Mario Andretti

looking for gtx turbo parts...have them?? pm me

Comment

Beech Bend Park at Bowling Green...

Originally posted by coreo19 View Post
                          mamouth cave is really fun. i think one of the choices should be beach bend park. riverrunner you will know what im talking about. they have a huge park to mess around in. camping area's, and best of all a 1/4 mile drag strip.. just anothe idea though.
                          is an idea, I even thought of for the first meet. It is an idea to entertain even still.

You know about the group Photo at Mammoth Cave for the tours?
                          CP could totally dominate a whole tour group that is three busses to and from the cave to the headquarters. That would be slappin awesome dude! That's no short busses either!

You being from Owensboro, what do you think of Lake Malone?

David
                          sigpic Ky

Comment

Yeas! I have spoken of this place also....

Originally posted by bpt323
                            hrmm, quartermile track
                            much fun can be had here.

65 miles from Nashville. 30 minutes or less to Mammoth cave.

46 miles to Dueling grounds Andy Jackson had a shoot out.

55 mile to Adams Tn. Home of 'An American Haunting', with Cindy Spacik and Donald Southerland.

39 miles to my Grandma's house, near where I grew up!

I know more about this area than most anywhere.

Ask me, I'm up for it.

Also I have a link to pictures of Cumbeland gap National Park on the Virginia, Tn., Kentucky border. http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5...GDsbTU?start=0

Bowling Green, Ky is north of Nashville,Tn. and Cumberland Gap is Northeast of Knoxville,Tn.

Kentucky has many places to choose from and a more central eastern location to meet for those in extreme locations of the eastern usa.

If we liked Devils lake, Cave Run is the comparable to that place or Cumberland Gap National and Cumberland Falls State Park near Corbin,Ky.

If we want an amusement park with great camping, near hotels, shoping and other urban facilities Bowling Green has that on a small city scale.

For Kentucky's heat and humidity early June is best for summer plans as these. Also to dominate the Beech Bend camping at BG, we should try and decide asap it books up yearly I know for Easy Riders and Corvettes.

The Corvette Musieum is thre too. Since I have my Protege I only feel sorry for the Vette owners because they don't have what we have. Much pun intended!

David
                            call or email me for information
                            davidmwilkins@insightbb.com
                            859-608-2844
                            I ain't skeerrred
                            David
                            sigpic Ky

Comment

I know for sure im having a so cal meet before this summer is over.
                              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Go for it...

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
                                I know for sure im having a so cal meet before this summer is over.
                                any CP meet is a good time!

http://www.beechbend.com/
                                Last edited by riverrunnernky; 07-25-2007, 07:22 PM.
                                David
                                sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                                X