No announcement yet.

Club Protege's Second National Annual Meet Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20.00 says there will never be another meet.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Caymen View Post
      $20.00 says there will never be another meet.

Tom
      $2.00 says you're wrong, its just a minor setback
      I used to own a Protege
      HAS NEW BATERY IN BAK BRAKES-

HAS NEW MUFFLERS BUT THERE KILLING THE MOTOR-

Comment

Check ur In Box for PM

Originally posted by 17nchrims View Post
        you know what screw it i'm still going to be in rough river this weekend no matter if nobody shows up i can call it a vacation with the old lady and if you do show up we'll show off the cars if not oh-well i'll show myne by myself look forward to seeing you there david i'll roast a hot dog witcha...lol

It's looking as if we are looking to reschedule the 2nd Annual Meet,

this looks like a second motion to move on the plans of this weekend.

However the owner should affirm and approve this assembly before our banner can be posted at camp.

We can still meet this weekend, we just can't post without consent of the CP owner.

Even 2 people can be a meet, a mini, but still a meet!

Hence the 2nd annual may be on. Pending word said, of Sir Ryan.

Blazing Saddles, I can hear the music now!

Cayman, the beans you can bring, cause you owe $20.00, now, that should cover the beaners so we can entertain the natives with musical gass!! lmao

I've called in to work Thurs. and Friday, but I will be up to going Sat-Monday still.

We can make do with what we have Gentlemen, it's fun to have the moderators and owner present, however we can meet as Club, we are not a government or something...hec I had a meet with Caymen in Akron last weekend for the Super Summit, I had a blast too. To my dismay, no BGs were there, no BFs or 626s. There were 2 3s and 2 6s, as well as 3 RX 7s.

We still had a blast, our cars we love of coarse, but it's socializing with eachother that was so awesome to me last year and the mini-meets.
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by greenthunder View Post
          $2.00 says you're wrong, its just a minor setback
          Been around that block before. Got the t shirt, got the tatoo, got the memories.

Gas prices are not coming down. If gas is expensive now, gas will be more expensive in a month, two months, six months, and 1 year. If the weekend wasn't practical this time, next time will be even less practical.

Changing to location to suit some people will not bring more people to the meet. The number will remain the same. Even if you had the meet in some peoples back yard, gas would be too expensive for them to attend the meet.

The BG's are not being built anymore. You can forget about many new members. As our cars start falling apart, fewer and fewer member will give a crap about their vehicles.

Welcome to the car owners life.

Tom
          Last edited by Caymen; 06-19-2008, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Been around that block before. Got the t shirt, got the tatoo, got the memories.

"SNIP"

Welcome to the car owners life.

Tom
            sad truth, but you're not wrong. There are classic car clubs of america for a reason. Those cars aren't made anymore, and a few guys got together to enjoy what they were and currently are. Do they care that they had to trailer their 1947 studebaker 1000 miles? no, gas isn't an issue, this year, or the past 10 years they've attended. They go regardless. Time is the only thing they may not be able to commit. Car clubs basic rules will never change.
            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

There will be another meet...hopefully next month. Since a majority of us are in ky/oh maybe we should think about meeting up in between columbus,Oh and Lexington,Ky. Just a though. Hell both of those are 1.5hrs away. I just need work done on my car before I go. That's why I couldn't go this weekend, not because of gas prices.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
                sad truth, but you're not wrong. There are classic car clubs of america for a reason. Those cars aren't made anymore, and a few guys got together to enjoy what they were and currently are. Do they care that they had to trailer their 1947 studebaker 1000 miles? no, gas isn't an issue, this year, or the past 10 years they've attended. They go regardless. Time is the only thing they may not be able to commit. Car clubs basic rules will never change.

I hate to break this to you, but the BG's are no RX7's, Studebakers, or Edsel's.

Read through the comments posted on this thread. Many are complaining about gas prices. A few have said they needed to work on thier vehicles.

I do understand having to work on a vehicles, but the question is, when was everyone aware there was going to be a meet? A few days prior to the meet?

I hope there will be many meets in the future. I hope it will grow and make it on some car show featuring car owners meets.

Unfortunatly, the more you try to please the masses, the less will make it.

Tom

Comment

for me it isn't gas prices i just need to finish my car i have very little time i can take off and money to spend and i need to use it all on getting my car up and running... soon as that's done i'll make many more of these meets, i just can't take not having my car after nearly 2.5 years
                  In the Garage
                  Black 93 MX-3 GS
                  Bp powered
                  GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                  MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

I hate to break this to you, but the BG's are no RX7's, Studebakers, or Edsel's.

Tom

Yeah, we're saying the same thing. I know they aren't, that's why I said you're Not wrong. Clubs have existed and will, and if we are willing to take the passion beyond cost, Proteges will live on as well. Someday, I'd like to make it to one, when I'm not cash strapped or getting married.
                    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

AWESOME!!! yeah def reschedule to have it in the next month or two. ill def be able to go then!
                      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                      -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
                      -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

you guys do realize that if your needing to save money for next month or the next its gonna do NO GOOD seeing as the price of everything is going up so right now would be the best time to go if any b/c it may cost you about 200 in gas however its going to cost you 350 in a month or so nothing is going down in price hell even the price of chicken is going up b/c it cost more to feed the chicken fkn rediculous!!! you either go, or miss out... it's your guy's lose not myne

Comment

you guys do realize that if your needing to save money for next month or the next its gonna do NO GOOD seeing as the price of everything is going up so right now would be the best time to go if any b/c it may cost you about 200 in gas however its going to cost you 350 in a month or so nothing is going down in price hell even the price of chicken is going up b/c it cost more to feed the chicken fkn rediculous!!! you either go, or miss out... it's your guy's lose not myne

That is exactly correct.

Tom

Comment

man you guys missed out hella run down there hey thanks for showing guys now i know not to rely on the next meet oh well!!!! peace out

Comment

man you guys missed out hella run down there hey thanks for showing guys now i know not to rely on the next meet oh well!!!! peace out
                              Take any pics?
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

me and riverrunner were the only ones that showed....its a shame that i wont be able to go to any other meets well not really if thats how they turn out

Comment

Working...
                                X