This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome update jason!!!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ill hopefully be in portland the weekend before that at the PIR for solo II races, i don't think ill actually be going cause i'm asking for time off for the ones in may and june.

I'm deffinitly going to catch you guys next time we do this, its just not the greatest timing right now
      sigpic
      96 protege dx - gone :'(
      94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
      02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
      95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
      I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
      Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
      Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
      Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

That'd be fun even if we could only do the drag thing.
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I wasn't trying to get the date changed for this meet or anything, if everyone is still up for a meet in June I am still interested in being there, but I am deffinately going to this PIR thing in July, and wanted to see if we can get a bunch of Mazda owners there as well. I am hoping to get into the time attack and will deffinately be there to drag race. Hopefully I will have the VF 10 swapped onto my car by then and get some 12 sec passe out of it
          Jason

EDIT: there is supposed to be 3 Playboy plamates at the event as well and it is also the weekend of the oregon brewfest which they are trying to get a satilite branch of it at the track as well
          Last edited by jasoncsprotege; 05-14-2008, 04:38 PM.
          Yes Its 4wd woot woot
          sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

if you can get a 12 sec pass out of a VF10 i will
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
              if you can get a 12 sec pass out of a VF10 i will
              Well thanks for that, I think it will be possible since I'm already under 13.5's with a VJ-20

Jason
              Yes Its 4wd woot woot
              sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

You got into the 13's with a vj20? Dayum. I really need to take the frankenprotege to the drag strip and see what it'll do cuz it STOMPS my old GTX with the bpt/vj20 setup.
                '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by jasoncsprotege View Post
                  I know we were looking at dates in June, but July 25,26 and 27th Mazda is sponsering an event at Portland International Raceway. They are going to have their own sponsered races there as well as letting people get on the track in drag racing as well as time attack. The Time attack, they are only taking 40 cars for that, and its $150.00 to do that, but drag racing is $15.00 and just to come in is supposed to be $8.00.
                  Just a thought out there
                  Jason
                  Im down to change the date of the meet for the Mazda event! This way for sure my car will be running and I can compete it in some events.
                  Anyone else down to change the day of the meet?
                  1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                    You got into the 13's with a vj20? Dayum. I really need to take the frankenprotege to the drag strip and see what it'll do cuz it STOMPS my old GTX with the bpt/vj20 setup.
                    Sounds like we need to have a battle of the 4wd's. I cant wait to see what my T3 setup can do! But you guys both got me beat cause I still have the stock rear diff.
                    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

I think we should do both dates and see how that goes I already got that time off of work anyway...

Comment

(sound of exploding gearsets tinkling down the tarmac)

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                          (sound of exploding gearsets tinkling down the tarmac)
                          yup thats what I had in mind! lol! I think I might tow my car to the meet just so I have a way to get home.
                          Last edited by TurboProto; 05-17-2008, 03:20 AM.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna try to get in the time attack.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                            1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                            1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                            1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                            1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by jasoncsprotege View Post
                              blah blah blah 3 Playboy plamates blah blah blah oregon brewfest which they are trying to get a satilite branch of it at the track as well
                              Sign me up
                              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.