Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speedometer gear broke off in transmission.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so im trying to do a little more research be for i just start pulling things off. i found this and it the same thing in my car! but... i got to take it apart to get that gear out.. for what i looked up i need a special tool to take off the gears that are on the out side? ( its the last pics on the rebuild guide) what dose this tool look like? where can i get it? how much is it? or do i REALLY even need it?

Tools needed: -new razor blade -1-2 cans of brake cleaner -safety goggles -3/16 steel punch -Red Locktite -Ultra Gray RTV -10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 32mm sockets -inch lbs. torque wrench -foot lbs. torque wrench Remove ALL RTV with a razor -Clean bellhousing and outer transfer case...

Comment

ok.... so i just said f it, and just got anther transmission got it in and its a done deal i will take the other one apart get that gear out and sell it later. but thanks for all the good ideas it helped a lot i will refer back to this page if i need help or if i can help someone elss.

Comment

glad to hear you came to some resolve
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I love happy endings.
          1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
          1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
          2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
          1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Working...
          X