Need help on Klde swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on Klde swap

I have some questions, i know it’s been asked before but i can’t seem to find it. Been searching for a few hours. I got a Klde motor from a 93-97 Mazda 626. And i would like to swap it into my 91 Mazda 323. What do i need to make it work as in tranny, ecu, engine wire harness, etc. I’m excited to do this project, i see a lot of people have done it but i cant find the info i need.

I recently did a KLZE into a 323. I used:

KL motor
    MX3 front subframe and suspension/steering (mx3 rack is quicker ratio, the mx3 axles are a wider track width than the 323, so using the hubs/arms will push everything out the required amount, swapping entire subframe is easier.)(also swapped rear for disk brakes)
    MX3 V6 engine harness
    MX6 ECU with custom fuel maps (custom needed for KLZE, not KLDE, but I would suggest sticking with a 2.5L ecu, not the 1.8MX3 ecu, as the 1.8L ecu only has one timing map whereas the 2.5 has both a high and low octane map. All the K series ECUs will plug in and run in all the K engine harnesses, the only difference is the early models used an additional coolant sensor.)
    MX3 V6 motor mounts including bolt on top left sheetmetal mount to body
    MX3 brake booster and master cyl, unless you use a remote reservoir. There are some BMW 2002 remote res. fittings you can use as well.
    Dodge Neon radiator.

I was documenting my swap on another site, but dumped a copy of the thread here: https://foxed.ca/323/323.html I have not finished writing everything up or editing, but the info should be there.
    Last edited by SgtFox; 05-29-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Welcome. Makes me happy to see people still working on these old things.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtFox View Post
        I recently did a KLZE into a 323. I used:

KL motor
        MX3 front subframe and suspension/steering (mx3 rack is quicker ratio, the mx3 axles are a wider track width than the 323, so using the hubs/arms will push everything out the required amount, swapping entire subframe is easier.)(also swapped rear for disk brakes)
        MX3 V6 engine harness
        MX6 ECU with custom fuel maps (custom needed for KLZE, not KLDE, but I would suggest sticking with a 2.5L ecu, not the 1.8MX3 ecu, as the 1.8L ecu only has one timing map whereas the 2.5 has both a high and low octane map. All the K series ECUs will plug in and run in all the K engine harnesses, the only difference is the early models used an additional coolant sensor.)
        MX3 V6 motor mounts including bolt on top left sheetmetal mount to body
        MX3 brake booster and master cyl, unless you use a remote reservoir. There are some BMW 2002 remote res. fittings you can use as well.
        Dodge Neon radiator.

I was documenting my swap on another site, but dumped a copy of the thread here: https://foxed.ca/323/323.html I have not finished writing everything up or editing, but the info should be there.
        Hey man. Thanks for that thread. You gave a lot of awesome info that i couldn’t fine on any threads on here like sticking with the 626 ecu. I read a lot of people go with the mx3. But i still have few difficulties tho. See where i live in south jersey, mx3s are rare a lot of salvage yards are getting rid of older cars so it’s making it harder for me to get parts. Ive been searching all over for the dang engine harness and i can’t find them i still waiting on some response. And also i would like to swap the entire subframe but again i can’t find a donor car so I’m going the other route and just switching out the crossmember. And get mx3s drive axles. I’m trying to get as many input as i can’t so i don’t wasted money ordering parts that won’t work. I already have the tranny, engine and the ecu. Another question, i also want to stick the stock cluster but mine doesn’t have the tach just the speedo. I was reading that you made a hybrid, is that necessary. Hope I’m not bothering with so many question lol I’m just trying to get it right since my resources are limited.

Comment

Working...
        X