No announcement yet.

Mazda officially announces Mazdaspeed6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, it'll be a single turbo.......twins aren't such a good idea for use on inline engines.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
      no, it'll be a single turbo.......twins aren't such a good idea for use on inline engines.
      the toyota supra is an inline 6 with twin turbo, what makes this diffrent?? besides the 4 banger coming in the mazda 6.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Awesome news. How can they only manage 6.6 0-60 time with that much tq? Must be a heavy ass-beast... 34xx? 35xx????
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Yeah, the 0-60 isn't great competition for the Legacy GT... it does it in 5.8 according to Subaru

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
            Yeah, the 0-60 isn't great competition for the Legacy GT... it does it in 5.8 according to Subaru
            Mmmm the legacy GT is also so damn beautiful
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
              Awesome news. How can they only manage 6.6 0-60 time with that much tq? Must be a heavy ass-beast... 34xx? 35xx????
              that's 6.6sec 0-100KM/H (which is approx. 0-62mph)

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                figure probably about what the V6 weighs (3300? I forget offhand), to account for the AWD, they're using the 4 cyl, it's not going to be that heavy. Is this thing twin turbo or what, the rumors were saying it was, but do we know for sure? I want more details! lol
                read the product information link i posted in teh first post.

it's a 2.3 Direct Injection single turbo engine.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
                  that's 6.6sec 0-100KM/H (which is approx. 0-62mph)
                  Still seems awfully sluggish, I'd have figured a 6 flat-ish. Oh well, should handle awesome
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Still seems awfully sluggish, I'd have figured a 6 flat-ish. Oh well, should handle awesome
                    just leaves room for modding the drivetrain.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
                      read the product information link i posted in teh first post.

it's a 2.3 Direct Injection single turbo engine.
                      chill

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                        the toyota supra is an inline 6 with twin turbo, what makes this diffrent?? besides the 4 banger coming in the mazda 6.

It's a 3L inline 6. Twins were used to speed up the spool, since any decently sized turbo for a 3L inline 6 that actually flows up top would have a lot of lag. If twins were better, why does everyone goto a big single?

For a 2.3L, you can get a good sized turbo that'll be fine on spool.
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

figuring that a base 2.3L Mazda6i is already 3042 lbs, and all the reinforcement/strutural/drivetrain/wheels, etc that they're doing to this thing, it's going to be heavy.
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

figuring that a base 2.3L Mazda6i is already 3042 lbs, and all the reinforcement/strutural/drivetrain/wheels, etc that they're doing to this thing, it's going to be heavy.
                            what are we looking at... 3200-3400? Holy crap thats a porker.
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

It's a 3L inline 6. Twins were used to speed up the spool, since any decently sized turbo for a 3L inline 6 that actually flows up top would have a lot of lag. If twins were better, why does everyone goto a big single?

For a 2.3L, you can get a good sized turbo that'll be fine on spool.
                              thats not my question, im aware that most of the twin turbo guys are going to single, but my question is why is twin turbo not good on an inline engine?
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I think the big news here is that it is a direct injection engine. Compared with a similar port injected engine, direct injection generates more low speed torque in a normally aspirated engine and allows faster spool up in an FI engine. In a 6 cyl inline, this would sharply reduce the need for twin turbos for the purpose of faster spool up.

Additionally, both fuel economy and performance are enhanced and emissions are reduced. Under most normal driving conditions, the engine operates with an ultra lean A/F ratio. This is achieved by injecting the fuel late in the compression stroke creating a stratified charge with a rich zone around the spark plug electrodes and a very lean zone towards the periphery. During high load, high RPM conditions, fuel injection takes place during the intake stroke creating a homogeneous, richer, and cooler A/F mixture for more power and a reduced tendency to detonate.
                                Last edited by goldstar; 09-26-2004, 01:35 PM.
                                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
                                X