No announcement yet.

Mazda officially announces Mazdaspeed6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the big deal about the weight, the subaru's are in the neighborhood of 3200 iirc

Comment

I personally just dont like cars that are in excess of 3k lbs or more. Just seems too heavy. I more of a fan of a quick light car with agile handling. Hence why I am such a Mazda fan.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
        thats not my question, im aware that most of the twin turbo guys are going to single, but my question is why is twin turbo not good on an inline engine?
        I'm pretty sure the emphasis was on the size of the engine, not the configuration. A turbo big enough to create a certain amount of boost on a 3L engine would spool fairly slowly, whereas a smaller turbo could create the same amount of boost on a smaller engine, therefore it would spool faster. The twin turbo setup is good on the larger engine, because the sequential turbos will keep full boost across the entire powerband, rather than just at the upper end. This isn't necessary on the smaller engine because it can hit full boost a lot sooner.

Comment

ERrmmm. The larger an engine, the more natural air displacement it makes, the more air it has to spin a turbo.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I'm still learning this stuff, that was my best understanding of it. I guess we wait for someone else to explain?

Comment

Oh, to answer the question of the twin turbo on an inline thing, it's because the plumbing is pretty complicated. There is only one exhaust manifold to drive the turbos. I suppose the systems that help them work are prone to problems, at least they were on the RX-7. With a V style engine, you have two exhaust manifolds, therefore a turbo for each one...
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Ok I was looking at the pics and something caught my eye.....

Is this a TMIC??????
                If so, they would need a hood scoop to be effective/efficent, and look like a WRX rip off. I would personally like a FMIC......

Comment

the 'scoop' for the TMIC is integrated into the front grille:

notice the extra hump on the hood, that's the cooling duct from the front grille to the intercooler.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

ok, I was wondering why it looked so bubbly....

wont that incoming air be heated under load from the motor? Something about using heated air to cool already hot air doesnt seem right to me....

Comment

Not so much of an issue with a forward mounted TMIC, it doesn't look like there's enough room for the air to be heated before it hits the IC

Comment

Air still has to pass over the headers and what not. Also the back of the IC is even with the strut from the pic I posted... wouldn't that still be quite a bit of heat before it reaches the IC?

Comment

im sure its not the most effective way they could have done it, but im sure it works well.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

in the pic it looks like it almost reaches the front of the engine bay, anyone have a better pic?

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                              ...Additionally, both fuel economy and performance are enhanced and emissions are reduced. Under most normal driving conditions, the engine operates with an ultra lean A/F ratio. This is achieved by injecting the fuel late in the compression stroke creating a stratified charge with a rich zone around the spark plug electrodes and a very lean zone towards the periphery. During high load, high RPM conditions, fuel injection takes place during the intake stroke creating a homogeneous, richer, and cooler A/F mixture for more power and a reduced tendency to detonate.

Good to know your cut/paste skillz are sharp
                              '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                              '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                              '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                              '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                              '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                              '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Yeah it's nice, but I don't like it ..

I think it's to damn heavy with a big engine with a big nostril..
                                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                                X