No announcement yet.

Mazda Kabura Concept Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does that actually mean when they say it's based on the MX-3, though? I mean, I understand that maybe it's designed to fill that niche in the market (small light two-door sporty thing) but that's about it. Different chassis, different engine, different styling, etc.

Comment

It looks like a nice car to me with the exceptions of the seats and the back end....those look hideous!!!
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I cant see it filling the MX-3 shoes though... that was their small sporty FWD car... this thing is RWD..

I wonder being a RWD if it will hurt Miata sales? Having the extra seat, and cargo capacity could lure many people away from the fun convertible.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Well if it's as good as insiders say it is, the Solstice may be the one luring away potential Miata owners. (I hear it will be priced at about 20 grand)

Some people are saying that the market needs a few RWD sport compacts. I say if Mazda can bring some version of this Kabura to market for $20 000 or less, they would have a pretty clear winner with the tuner crowd. Scion what?!

Although you're right, if they price it too low, the 3 will suffer; If they price too close to the Miata, not good either...It will probably never sell for more money than a Miata although sadly, that's where I can see them trying to fit it.. between the Miata and Rx-8.

I think it could actually sell now if they made it but at what cost to models that barely even started to pay for themselves yet? I won't hold my breath for this thing but it is an extremely cool car in many aspects. (Rx-3 would be better than MX-3 for sure and under 20g)
          1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

Looks like a 323f ass end, Mx-3 hatch with the RX-8 front. Not bad looking. The seats can to go to hell for all i care.
            If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

I think it looks better than the RX-8. As much as I wanted to by an RX8, I just HATE that ridiculous looking rear door. I bought a 350Z instead. If Mazda made this car and it actually looks like the concept, I would definetely buy one!

Comment

Ummmmm......I think I'm the only one that thinks that car is as ugly as sin.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

rx-8 meets the neo 2nd gen.
                  sigpic

Comment

Keyless entry.... is it a hybrid or soemthing. Cuase i also dont see a fuel cap.. heh... i can totaly see rx8 looking at the front pics.. it looks pretty sweet... i dont understand why only 1 seat in back and nothing behind the driver... not cool imo.. also... dude... u can't phuk in it... way too weird
                    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

You can definately manage a good "work-out" in that car. It's just that you haven't found the right chick yet
                      '91 LX
                      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Looks like they tried to hard and crapped that out....those seats are garbage and the interior is way to gaudy....i like the curves and the tail lights but to me it almost seems like they tried to make it look like the crossfire. The only car id be looking forward to is the Saturn sky. The solstice is allready out and yes, its only 19,999 and you only need 1,000 due at signing. I see them all over the place now.
                        1991 Mazda protege DX (SOHC) 5spd
                        Short ram cold air
                        stock muffler back on
                        NGK plugs
                        14inch miata steelies w/toyo proxes p185/60r14 82H - back
                        13inch protege steelies w/toyo proxes S rated - front
                        stripped a/c

1993 saab 9000cse turbo 5/spd
                        Garrett TB-25, solenoid cut off at 17psi
                        Gutted cat w/borla muffler
                        Aero spec clutch (7k miles old)
                        Running 5w20 full synthetic...(241,***)
                        16inch Aero rims
                        Aero Moldings
                        Bridgestone Potenza 205/55VR16 91V - all 4

Comment

i agree those seats are terrible!but the way the windshield goes all the way back like a glass top roof is sweet!!and the taillights are nice also,but looks way too much like an rx-8 for me . . . and if they are going that far with it,they should just put the rotary in it too!!

Comment

true and i would hate to have to replace that glass...CHA CHING!!!!
                            proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

The Glass is Wild I would have to tint the whole thing......lol.....The seats i could deal with. And did i read right on the tires 215?/35/r20's? Or was it 245? Just a different look for me..i would have to see on in person..Nice pics and ariticles...
                              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

lol, they even have forums now... isnt it still a concept car?

The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                                X