No announcement yet.

Mazdaspeed Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty nice.... pretty nice rims and seems to be 4 lug so it should fit 2nd gen pros
    1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

yea i know that the aftermarket ones for the BP miatas dont work, but this one might fit smaller seein that it is meant fora smaller turbo. And it bein upside down will just be a cause for a smaller, and those small civic fluidyne radiators everyone uses....ive always wanted to see what was really in the way of the miata turbo manifold. Until i see official proof its hard for me to believe alot of things. i have been told alot of things dont fit or work on message boards, but in the real world they do...has anyone actually tried a BP maiata turbo maniold on a protege? Or is there a thread about it on here..

Comment

Originally posted by lowpro98
        pretty nice.... pretty nice rims and seems to be 4 lug so it should fit 2nd gen pros
        ahh good eye i never noticed that...i was researchin a 5lug conversion so i could get those MSp Racing harts. but I will throw that out the window now...

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
          yea i know that the aftermarket ones for the BP miatas dont work, but this one might fit smaller seein that it is meant fora smaller turbo. And it bein upside down will just be a cause for a smaller, and those small civic fluidyne radiators everyone uses....ive always wanted to see what was really in the way of the miata turbo manifold. Until i see official proof its hard for me to believe alot of things. i have been told alot of things dont fit or work on message boards, but in the real world they do...has anyone actually tried a BP maiata turbo maniold on a protege? Or is there a thread about it on here..
          see thing is, the aftermarket miata turbo's, when you look at them you can see that the runners are too long and then the turbo points upwards. Mess around the turbo would probably hit the roof.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I think that's an oil cooler, not an intercooler.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

actually that little thing IS the intercooler:

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

If i bitch slap that FMIC it would break into tiny pieces.
                Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Damn, maybe it is.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I could have sworn I have seen a pic of it without that FMIC. Oh well, seriously, huge FMICs are a bit over-rated... You don't need one for a nicely tuned low-boost low-lag factory car.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

it's not the size that matters...
                      it's the placement..
                      i mean.. just look at the pic of the miata, from a head on view... and it just looks like a friggin' beaver!

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Aww, come on. It could be worse:

~Mark.
                        2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

heh heh

Comment

That IC is not bad at all. I'm sure you don't even notice if you're not looking directly at the front of the car from ground level, with the sun shining right on it and an 8 planet alignment.... Besides, I'm sure MazdaSpeed knows what they're doing... They're not gonna put something 'inadequate' out on the market for people to **** up and kill themselves in.
                            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
                              That IC is not bad at all. I'm sure you don't even notice if you're not looking directly at the front of the car from ground level, with the sun shining right on it and an 8 planet alignment.... Besides, I'm sure MazdaSpeed knows what they're doing... They're not gonna put something 'inadequate' out on the market for people to **** up and kill themselves in.
                              I'm sure it's adequate for stock boost levels, but you know people who buy they car will be upping the boost, it's the most cost-effective way to make more power. It's small to save money, NOT to think about upgradeability.
                              Dan
                              dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
                                What does the size of the intercooler have to do with safety at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X