Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, JE50.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Have you checked the airflow meter as a possibility for your problem?
      mazda stands by you

Comment

No. I dont have another JE50 to just pop in though. I've heard that too tight of clamps for the intake can cause interference with the pluger inside the VAF.

Comment

Ok, I'm just suggesting the AF meter as they are very sensitive things and can cause many headaches. Hope you can sort out the problem before ripping every hair out!
          mazda stands by you

Comment

All the AFM stuff seems so odd... My gf just bought a stock 94 mx3 GS and it has a JE50 on it... My KLDE swap runs a KL01... just cause you have no codes doesn't meen the temp senor is working right... It might not be reading right... best thing you can do is a resistance check when its cold and then warm it up and do a resistance check and make sure its changing... and with in the right ranges..

Comment

Dude enough with the temp sensor, he said it's brand new dam lol besides with my KL swap I didn't even have mine hooked up so I know from experience what a KL does with a bad temp sensor and it DOES NOT cause black smoke on start up like the way Dee described

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
              Leaky injectors are easy to test.. take your fuel rail with injectors out of the intake manafold and lift them up.. point them into buckets if can.. if not just hold them above the intake so you can see the bottom of them... if the injectors aren't clipped into the rail you'll have to tie them to the rail so they don't come out and then turn your key on and prime the fuel pump.. with pressure in the rail if you have leaky injectors you'll see them dripping...
              have you ever even worked on a KL? The injectors are side feed and have 2 O-rings within the rail itself, to test it the way you describe is to simply unbolt the rail and lift it up a bit since the injector retainers hold the injectors in the rail

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                Dude enough with the temp sensor, he said it's brand new dam lol besides with my KL swap I didn't even have mine hooked up so I know from experience what a KL does with a bad temp sensor and it DOES NOT cause black smoke on start up like the way Dee described

have you ever even worked on a KL? The injectors are side feed and have 2 O-rings within the rail itself, to test it the way you describe is to simply unbolt the rail and lift it up a bit since the injector retainers hold the injectors in the rail
                no need to be a dick...I see a lot of guys make the mistake of saying "It can't be that, its new!" and that new part is their problem...

I also work on a lot of different cars... I can't keep track of what looks like what until I have it in front of me...

Comment

all v6 mx3's came stock with the JE50. thats perfectly normal
                  ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                  ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                  What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
                    no need to be a dick...I see a lot of guys make the mistake of saying "It can't be that, its new!" and that new part is their problem...

I also work on a lot of different cars... I can't keep track of what looks like what until I have it in front of me...
                    I wasn't trying to be a dick there, just sayin.... When my coolant temp sensor was not hooked up it ran pig rich but on a fresh start up it would not rev passed 5500rpm, it was like a rev limiter, Dee doesn't have that problem so I say the temp sensor is just fine

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

But on the same note, theres a difference between a sensor not connected, and a bad sensor putting out false cold temp readings. I've seen this many times with Mazdas, Hyundais, Saturns, you name it.

In my experience 90% of the time the sensor going bad puts out negative temperature readings (-20*, -40*) which would cause the ECU to dump a hell of alot of fuel. which is what ur car is doing.

Whereas not having a sensor connected @ all, would put the ECU in Limp mode hence DamKids 5500 limiter.

Just try another sensor. It wont hurt.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                      MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

I know my major running issues with my 626 was the air flow meter, I'll see if I can get a print off of the pin testing for you, that's how I diagnosed my bad one...was the intake temp sensor? that went bad on the inside.
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Hey DeeAOne, post a now spec listing of you car since alot have changed from the first the KLDE swap/build. Better yet update your first post on page one of this thread, most likely if you post on this page now it will fall in the "out of sight, out of mind" category as you go further with your project.
                          Last edited by mazkam; 04-10-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Any luck with sorting out your fuelling issue?
                            mazda stands by you

Comment

nope!
                              Last edited by klzemx3; 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately he's correct. I'm about out of ideas. Only thing I havent checked was to see if the temp sensor is getting power when the engine is running. I've been talking to MD323 about building a MS kit for me. Hopefully I can manually correct this somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X