X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I'm glad alpha-N worked out for you! Sounds like you are 1 tooth off on timing or you need to get your timing under control :p

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        Yep those are it. Don't know much about them but if they are internal that would be so awesome. I'd assume they are but you never know. Check club3g forums they would know for sure. Big eclipse forum.

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
        I'm glad alpha-N worked out for you! Sounds like you are 1 tooth off on timing or you need to get your timing under control :p
        Physical timing was dead on when the motor was put together, but my tensioner was a little soft on initial start up, so I probably do need check it again. Buddy of mine has my timing light so I haven't got around to checking base timing. This is is the problem with letting people borrow your stuff. Lol

Took it for a spin last night and light throttle is where it starts acting crazy. It idles and moves full throttle but is not liking in between. Hoping it is just my bad tuning and not a jumped timing belt lol.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Have you synced your throttles yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            Nope these are as is how I received them. Only thing i did was re-do fuel delivery and some misc. hardware.

I'm assuming you are talking about syncing all the butterflies to be even?

Also, watching the video again the random popping is the mic in my phone. It's tool loud for the little mic. Lol

Comment

Only buy this kind of syncrometer!

Comment

I'm going to have to do some research on this.. didn't know there was a tool for it! I was going to eye it. Lol

Learn something new everyday..

Comment

[QUOTE=Damkid;806896]They were $145 USD + shipping for all of them[/QUOTE
                  Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                  I think the ebay ones cost more than that lol so I may go that route. Thanks
                  Hey Louis,

Maybe i can assist?
                  Most of our 323 models come with the clear sides as std......like my BF.......
                  Last edited by Mr N4SA; 01-01-2015, 07:27 AM.
                  mazda stands by you

Comment

'

She left the garage!

I got the tune driveable but it's still not ready to make pulls so I sent it to a guy who is pretty familiar with our MSPnP. He's going to tweak it and send it back to me. Hoping he can work his magic.

Comment

Congrats man. Looking kick ass. Hope you get it back running spot on.
                      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Happy to see that the machine touch road. Congrats.

Comment

Man, if I don't see this car in some magazines soon, I'm going to be depressed. I've been along for the ride for a long time, and I'm glad you're still keeping this going. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm glad that you guys all still follow my progress, changes, and BS after these years lol. It's finally getting to how I've imagined it back in the day. I'm sure everyone here has helped at sometime or another.

Got my tag renewed today so it's road legal! Can focus a little more on the getting it running great rather than scanning oncoming traffic for the 5-0.

Getting to the nit picky things now that need addressing:

-tune (most important obviously)
                            -coolant leak on one of my heater hoses
                            -make a catch can/breather tank setup for the PCV system
                            -pull the valve covers back off and send them of for powdercoating
                            -replace my snapped speedo cable
                            -change the break in oil

Made my day going to the parts store yesterday and having an instant crowd around the car taking pictures. lol

Comment

Definitely looking awesome man!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yay nice to see this project is still on the go

etude ftw!

Comment

Working...
                                X