No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you mean the tie rod ball joint won't tighten up in the hub arm ??? I had that problem with my 626 hubs....cured by using MX3 tie rod ends (slightly fatter and longer taper).

Comment

thats exactly what i mean. i was going to just get some flat washers to make up the space. was your toe angle out like mine too?

oh and i measured the damper shaft. it was a little less than an inch. since 1 inch is about 25mm, im estimating about 22mm. i dont have a millimeter ruler handy, lol.

the strut body....do you mean what the damper shaft goes into?
      Last edited by DeeAOne; 01-10-2010, 12:42 AM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

This is wicked. I wish I had a kl in mine. I want. But I can't has :-(
        My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

why cant you have?

Comment

Thanks for that measurement. Yep, where the chrome rod goes into the black tube of the leg... hoping to be about 45mm (1 3/4" ??). My toe looks to be a bit out but I have changed to a power steer rack and there is some variations in those too !!! If you have a friendly auto store that will do you parts on buy or return it helps Do you have the BG tie rod ends ???? wondered if they fit the BF rack??

Comment

no i kept the bf ends because i have never messed with tie rod ends before, and didnt want to mess up my rack.

Comment

dam cant wait for this bad boy to be runnin u better post some videos ;]
                sigpic

Comment

Bg tie rod end should go right on and fix that.
                  12 cbr250r: daily ride
                  01 saab 9-3: daily
                  98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                  93L: money pit/ space waster
                  92GL: low and slow beater
                  90?: the rust free shell
                  89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                  89L: for sale
                  89L: parts
                  87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                  76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

that nut on the tie rod will turn if you break it free, that will be better than using washers.
                    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Had same problem a couple of times with the tie rod bolt spinning inside, pain in the ass. It needs to have pressure on the top of it, try banging it down with a good old hammer while doing it up. Or if that fails, scissor jack or bottle jack on top of the tie rod and the other end on the suspension strut if you get what i mean.

Comment

alright. so today i got the other side finished. im definitely going to have to do something about the tie rod ends. im going to see if i can bring the bf ones out a little bit more. if not, ill just go with the bg ones like everyone was saying.

has some serious camber and toe issues, lol. the weird thing is, sometimes it sits fine and sometimes it looks crazy like this. it makes no sense to me.

hopefully buying axles this week for it! if i have enough cash left over from buying books for school.
                        Last edited by DeeAOne; 01-12-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

cusco camber plates and some camber bolts.
                          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

also rotate the strut mounts. keep in mind that there off center. so whichever way you install them, will effect the camber and alignment. i can tall you the drivers side is def not in the correct position. lol. just unbolt the 4 strut mount bolts, and you can rotate the strut top by turning it. you have 4 different positions.
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                            What are you driving?

Comment

i think he only has 2 front strut mount bolts, but ya! what monoxide said
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                                why cant you have?

Bc it my DD. My only RUNNING car, lol. If I can't do it in a weekend, or during spring break, I can't has, lol.
                                My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Working...
                                X