No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an curious to see if you can find a set of axles that you can make hybrid axles out from, that way if i ever break my diff i can try a different way to make the axles work without payin out my ass for custom axles

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
      Look for 323 turbo or Laser TX3 turbo ones with 260mm discs and 22V ( number cast in the body) if you can then you'll have 114.3 stud pattern rather than the 4 x 100 of the BG's.........I have a set here but the freight might be a bit too much !! Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_323 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Laser for a full list of models.

I am guessing that the States might have even more variants on the Fords...Good Luck, hope you find something.
      His 323 has the 4x113.3 hubs right now i believe...i know my friend with an 88 323 LX has the odd bolt pattern.

As for the TX3...we never got those on our side here lol.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
        His 323 has the 4x113.3 hubs right now i believe...i know my friend with an 88 323 LX has the odd bolt pattern.

As for the TX3...we never got those on our side here lol.
        I don't see why an 88 Model would have an odd pattern, all pre-BG models had 4x114 patterns. Even my 85 BF has the 4x114 pattern

Just to reply to the Pommyvince's tread, the BG hubs need BG struts to work, also your going to change the way your car turns. IT will turn too sharp and needs a spacer in the steering rack I think. I'll try and find the guy that did it on his car.
        Last edited by Evilist; 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM.
        FE3 POWA
        1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

update! went to a nice junkyard in atlanta. i have never seen so many cars in that good of condition in the junkyard. so many bg's, egt's, with full swaps still in them. lol

anyway, i grabbed the entire front supsension off a 94 bg including struts, hubs, rotors, calipers, everything. i am determined to make this work. ill post pictures as i do it. ill be starting in an hour or two.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Joseph was telling me about the awsomness of the jys down there lucky
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
              Joseph was telling me about the awsomness of the jys down there lucky
              dude, hes not lying either. they are amazing. its definitely worth the hour and a half drive i do to get there.

little off topic, but right as i was getting a speed sensor out of the bg, they dropped a early 2000's camaro near me with the ls1 and trans still in it. lol my buddy wants to get it to make a profit seeing that they go for $1000+ online and the junkyard only wants $200.

but anyway, im going out in the garage to see how this suspension will do. stay tuned!

Comment

Good luck!!!

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Interested to see how you get on with this. Wish our Junkyards were as good as yours ! Can you do me a favour and measure the diameter of the BG strut body ...hoping that it will be around 41mm and the diameter of the chrome damper shaft...around 20mm.

If they come at those measurements it should be possible to adapt a BG coilover kit to fit the BF ( or early 626 in my case). Thanks for that

Comment

ok, got some good news and bad news.

good news: the whole assembly seems to be a direct bolt on, amazingly. but the thing that im scared about since it seems to have went in so easy, does every bg have the spline count i need? i got the stuff from a 94 hatch. even the tie rod ends bolt up, and look like they will be straight with just an alignment.

all the did for the struts was simply slap the bf top hat on the bg strut.

bad news: the axle nuts are frozen solid in the hubs. im going to have to take them to a shop to get them out. hopefully wont be too much pain in the ass. but since they are in there, i went ahead and tested the length of axle. and the passenger side length is perfect. this all seems too good to be true. lol.

the driver side has not been touched yet since i need to get the nut off tomorrow, so i didnt bother putting it on.

whoever said the thing about bg hubs with bf struts was right, when one hole lines up, the other is slightly off.

also worked on getting my gauges set up. the finished product:
                    gotta have old school gauges with a bf.

Last edited by DeeAOne; 01-09-2010, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Thats good to hear that the hubs will work (on at least one side for sure)

Comment

you will need either MX-3 axles or 94 - 97 KIA Sephia DOHC axles now. They *should* bolt in and go now.
                        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

nice man!!!!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

coming along nice
                            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Good going Be very interested see how you get on with the other side.

Comment

i finally got both axles out, so i went out tonight and got the passenger side done tonight. here is how it sits with the wheel turned straight. its not too bad. looks like ill be able to straighten it out with just an alignment.

this is a stock bg strut on ebay springs, no sleeves.

im probably going to have to put a spacer between the tie rod ball joint and the spindle. it will not get tight enough to keep the tie rod from moving before the actual spindle and wheel turns.

the hub swap on this side actually wasnt that hard. the bottom two holes that bolt the spindle to the control arm are slightly off between bf and bg. i just took a decent sized drill bit and widened it up.

next, driver side.

Comment

Working...
                                X