No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you shouldnt have that much of an issue getting the axle seal... I've had that issue up here in CT but as soon as i told them to look for Output shaft seal, there it is! lol might
    Left hand Axle seal :Autozone #223543 Napa #NOS14006
    Last edited by CaymenEGT91; 04-05-2010, 08:59 AM.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Originally posted by CaymenEGT91 View Post
      you shouldnt have that much of an issue getting the axle seal... I've had that issue up here in CT but as soon as i told them to look for Output shaft seal, there it is! lol might
      haha i had the same problem, dude even told me that i would have to get it from a junkyard because they dont sell them.

they refer to them as differential seals if that helps you any. caymen listed the correct part number, now go get that bish changed!
      88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
      00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
      00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CaymenEGT91 View Post
        oh its under transmission seal? i was looking under cv halfshaft seal.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

a little update:

about 50 miles on the swap so far. mpg sucks. i need to get my CEL working so i can figure out whats wrong.

my clutch bracket for some reason wants to tighten itself as i drive more and more, eventually causing my clutch to start slipping. i think ill put some loctite on it to take care of the nut tightening.

i think my major VC leak is solved as well. i took one of the VC's off the mx6 and popped it on and it seemed to do the trick. so i think my original VC is bent somehow.

but so far so good!

Comment

if that clutch bracket isn't SS your going to want to grease the **** out of it
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

no its some high grade thick steel. but it has a fitting so you can put grease on the inside of it.

Comment

grease it with something lightweight then
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Just how much fuel is your car using??

Comment

too much. unless somehow the fuel pressure is higher making my gauge read off (wild guess lol). i put 5 dollars in it (roughly 2.2 gallons) earlier today. if my gauge is correct its almost gone. i think i only put about 30 miles or so on it today. there is some serious pressure in the gas tank now too.

maybe im just used to the B6 getting 30+..

Comment

Is your egr hooked up?
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                        Is your egr hooked up?
                        what egr?

block off plates on both head and manifold. (millenia mani)

Comment

If you have pressure in the tank you must have a breather line blocked off somewhere....don't you have to have carbon cannisters in the US on fuel tank breathers??? If your tank was empty, I bet there is still a gallon in there with the fuel gauge on empty.

Hey , at least your fuel is half the price of NZ and Europe

Comment

Yea they say the egr helps fuel economy. Not sure how much though. I'm keeping mine hooked up at least till I boost(if it goes that far lol). Been contiplating turning it into a daily na comfortable ride(ps and ac)
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
                              If you have pressure in the tank you must have a breather line blocked off somewhere....don't you have to have carbon cannisters in the US on fuel tank breathers??? If your tank was empty, I bet there is still a gallon in there with the fuel gauge on empty.

Hey , at least your fuel is half the price of NZ and Europe
                              i took all of that stuff out and put a rubber nipple over that hard line...lol that might be the problem.

is too much pressure in the tank a bad thing? when i go to take my gas cap off it sounds like a BOV on a boosted car. lol

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                              Yea they say the egr helps fuel economy. Not sure how much though. I'm keeping mine hooked up at least till I boost(if it goes that far lol). Been contiplating turning it into a daily na comfortable ride(ps and ac)
                              i hear you on the creature comforts part. right after i rip out my perfectly fine ac for the v6 it looks like this summer is gonna be stupid hot. already had a high of 96 i think it was today.
                              Last edited by DeeAOne; 04-07-2010, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Yep, too much pressure in the tank is a bad thing lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X