DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
    i hear you on the creature comforts part. right after i rip out my perfectly fine ac for the v6 it looks like this summer is gonna be stupid hot. already had a high of 96 i think it was today.
    Get the windows tinted or drive highway speed with them down. What did they used to call that? 60-4 A/C? 60mph with all 4 windows down. LOL

Comment

i'll trade your 96° for low 50's & pissy drizzly rain all day long
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
        Get the windows tinted or drive highway speed with them down. What did they used to call that? 60-4 A/C? 60mph with all 4 windows down. LOL
        thats what I've always done. I don't mind no a/c except in stop and go traffic. then it sucks.. lol
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Just take the cap off the evap line from the tank. That's what I did with my stubs when I removed all id that junk. Drove it for a year with no problems like that.
          12 cbr250r: daily ride
          01 saab 9-3: daily
          98 gsxr 1100: for sale
          93L: money pit/ space waster
          92GL: low and slow beater
          90?: the rust free shell
          89LX: swapping to rust free shell
          89L: for sale
          89L: parts
          87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
          76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Yea if you removed your charcoal canister and capped off the line you'll run into a few issues. The charcoal canister is there to filter the fumes from the gas tank...not really a bad thing to have lol, it'll smell like gas fumes if you don't.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Sometime when i fill my tank i get the high pressure also.
              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
              "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                my clutch bracket for some reason wants to tighten itself as i drive more and more, eventually causing my clutch to start slipping. i think ill put some loctite on it to take care of the nut tightening.
                Use a lock-nut, thats what i did other than that, hows the bracket working out for you? everything feel ok in the pedal?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                  well im used to not having a/c so i didnt use it much anyway. it was just a nice option to have, especially with the girlfriend. blah blah its hot, etc....lol

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Use a lock-nut, thats what i did other than that, hows the bracket working out for you? everything feel ok in the pedal?
                  yeah it feels good, almost stock. was kinda hard at first but getting pretty easy once its breaks in. only thing is like i said its causing my clutch to slip. it needs to be loosened considerably. also still needs greasing. hopefully it didnt glaze the disc since its still in break in period..

on a side note i just filled up my tank today and removed the nipple for the breather. we will see what mpg is looking like in a few days. $25 for 9.2 gallons.
                  Last edited by DeeAOne; 04-08-2010, 01:14 AM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

what fuel grade are you running?
                    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

for the record the best i ever got out of my mx6 was 18mpg combined city/hwy

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                      MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

ouch! turbo 1st gens with mods get better then that.
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

yea my 626 blows for fuel economy unless its highway driving.
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                            what fuel grade are you running?
                            regular 87.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

try a mid grade and see if that gets it up there. some cars are designed to run a little higher octane. I'm gonna do a couple tank runs and compare the three grades if I ever get it going.
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

^^My 300ZX says right on the fuel gauge, premium unleaded fuel only, so maybe the KLDE is supposed to run on higher octane, i know my ZE is, so i'll be running premium in my car all the time

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X