No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's what I had in mind. I knew I wouldnt be able to adjust them separately. Just wanted to have my timing still be correct.

Those look great too. $230 is a big hit for some cam gears though. Lol
    Last edited by DeeAOne; 02-10-2011, 10:31 PM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      the rods are the only real weakpoint. get some rods & you dont have to worry.
      I could do a groupbuy for KL rods just the same as i did for the FE3 guys. but id need 10 serious people
      im keen to
      haha i think its a must for all the kl people

also ford 302 5.4 inches rods can work on the kl but requires mods too work ,i was looking at doing this but would rather spend a little bit more and get ones that will fit with out mods

etude ftw!

Comment

^ how much are the 302 rods? & what mods did they require?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i read that you have to do some work to the wrist pins. not sure exactly what though.

Comment

heres the differences between the two rods.

kl rods
            Rod Length 5.426” Big End Bore 2.205” Big End Width 0.838" Wrist Pin Dia 0.787”

ford 302 stroker rods
            Rod Length 5.4” Big End Bore 2.123” Big End Width ? Wrist Pin Dia .912”

i think i would rather get custom rods to suit kl factory wrist pin diameter as with the 302 rods they use RSX type S pistons on them to suit the wrist pin dia which adds to the cost
            Last edited by michael0008; 02-11-2011, 03:33 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

wow so ford rods will fit on the RSX-S(k20a2) pistons without modification? where did you find this info?

Comment

heres some info man

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...stons+302+rods
                also theres some more info on mx6 forum
                and you can use 300zx pistons thats talked about in that link too ,but needs heaps of mods to haha

or the best option i reckon is re-bush the wrist pin end on the 302 stroker rods to suit the kl Wrist Pin diameter and just use kl pistons and under size chev bearings and call it a day
                Last edited by michael0008; 02-11-2011, 03:27 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

That's the one thing I didn't like about the kl. The ex and in on each head are joined by gears besides the outer ones. Ever thought about getting the regrind cams? Its a big hit on the wallet but I've heard great gains and you can get turbo grinds
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

so..still waiting. heads have been at the shop getting milled. when my gaskets and stuff come in tomorrow im going to take the valve seals up there and have them do that as well.

so ive just been b.s.ing around while i wait.

my new "super solid" mounts. lol

partly knife edged this little split in the manifold. not done yet.

the block. sitting all lonely.

and the bay, mostly sanded and ready for paint.

Comment

cut that as far back in the throat as you can and then knife it. when its done you want it to look like this:

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Niiiice... I need some solid mounts like that. lookin good... hopefully will be better than before!!

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                        1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

you didn't need to fully weld around the mounts like that- just for future reference.

i wonder--- does anyone make a block guard for the KL like they do for the honda blocks??
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I personally see no use in block guards, the sleeves are designed to have some movement as they expand/contract. I know a handful of honda guys who have broken block guards, with no other damage to the engine, and I tell them all what I just said. One of them is @ 420whp on a SOHC D16z6, stock sleeves, no block guard.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                            MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

sweet, solid mounts turned out nice! looks like someone spent more than 5 mins welding them lol, unlike some of the mounts i've seen lol
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                                i wonder--- does anyone make a block guard for the KL like they do for the honda blocks??
                                you and I both know the crazy KL's down here, and I know of one that just did 500HP on a stock block.

so im going to buess the block sleeves are not an issue upto 25psi or so
                                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                                X