DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad that you guys all still follow my progress, changes, and BS after these years lol. It's finally getting to how I've imagined it back in the day. I'm sure everyone here has helped at sometime or another.

Got my tag renewed today so it's road legal! Can focus a little more on the getting it running great rather than scanning oncoming traffic for the 5-0.

Getting to the nit picky things now that need addressing:

-tune (most important obviously)
    -coolant leak on one of my heater hoses
    -make a catch can/breather tank setup for the PCV system
    -pull the valve covers back off and send them of for powdercoating
    -replace my snapped speedo cable
    -change the break in oil

Made my day going to the parts store yesterday and having an instant crowd around the car taking pictures. lol
    Nice!
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

how can you stand having the window banner right smack in the middle of your viewing range?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

It was a little bigger than anticipated. I asked for a 3ft banner to be made but didn't think about how tall it would be in order to stay proportional. We will see how long before I get pulled over. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

gotcha!!!! be safe traveling with it.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Small setback. Found out that the flanges were in fact leaking between the heads and gaskets. They must have been half ass machined or warped when the runners were welded. Took them off the car to get them decked at the machine shop this week. This car is fighting back so hard lately. lol

While they are off I pulled off the valve covers also. Going to get them powdercoated finally.

Comment

One step forward a **** ton of steps backwards. It's just how the car game goes.

These old BF chassis just have more kick in their steps. I have this feeling that the older a car gets the more grumpy and angry they get and they fight back way more.

Comment

mmm fresh VC's will be a nice touch to this. what color??

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire0310 View Post
                  One step forward a **** ton of steps backwards. It's just how the car game goes.

These old BF chassis just have more kick in their steps. I have this feeling that the older a car gets the more grumpy and angry they get and they fight back way more.
                  True words. Gotta love it. Lol

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                  mmm fresh VC's will be a nice touch to this. what color??
                  I'm thinking gloss gunmetal to match my wheels. Will be a nice accent. Or gloss or wrinkle black. Nothing too fancy as I'd like the trumpets to stand out the most.

Comment

At least you're not to blame for the flanges lol. Build quality is looking great man, glad everything is working out for ya.

I might be down your way come spring time tho, I'm looking for a 929s and wanting to visit summit racing lol.
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                      At least you're not to blame for the flanges lol. Build quality is looking great man, glad everything is working out for ya.

I might be down your way come spring time tho, I'm looking for a 929s and wanting to visit summit racing lol.
                      Awesome! Be sure to come by. Got plenty of Mazda for you look at lol.

No update for the car this week. The misses' TSX is getting a new clutch and flywheel so it's taking all of my time right now. After that I have a guy needing a clutch done on a s2000. Going to have to squeeze my car in there somewhere. lol

Comment

i'll be heading down to FL leaving 3/12. we'll have to catch up along the journey. its been a few years since i visited last

Comment

For sure man. Maybe this time the car will actually be running. Lol

Comment

damn I love the look. So tell me who is gonna build the harness for them coils .
                            1993 Mercury Tracer, KLDE VItara build swap, Compound turbos, 12 injectors, 2 wastegates, 2 Megasquirts, 2 axles, 2 everything, why not

2nd Compounded KL in the world

Comment

What's new with your build DeeAOne?

Comment

Louis....Just finished reading through the whole shebang.....All 145 pages....Wow!!! What a long strange trip, huh? The best stuff on an all out NA KL build I've seen. Thanks for replying to my post on YouTube and directing me to your log. You gave me quite a bit to think about!!

Comment

Working...
                                X