• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wow! Look at the price of gas! Only $3.23.9/gal..... I want to go to that gas station!

Yes, that is a 2nd gen GTU RX-7 with rear spoiler. Did you look at the ebay auction? I measured several 2nd gen spoilers and they are too wide (side-to-side). I do NOT see how the owner of that red 323 could have used it. I'm pretty good with fabrication of parts like that and even I'm not willing to attempt to hack that thing in half in order to take out the 3-4 inches necessary to make it fit. I've tried it with another spoiler and I gave up because there were too many mods necessary to make it fit. The two good things that the 2nd gen spoiler has going for it in terms of adapting it to the 323 is that all 4 mounting points are relatively flat and the spoiler is very straight/flat over all making it contour well to the back of the 323 (being that the 323 rear trunk is so square). It's also a spongy-soft material which I'm not sure would make it easier to deal with or harder. Again, I think that the 1st gen spoiler that looks almost identical to the one in the picture you posted might work better because I believe it to be smaller across in measurement. The end mounts might be challenging since I don't think it's as flat as the 2nd gen, but because it's foam inside the spoiler, it might not be tough to just bend it for mounting.

Comment

Came across some old pictures from when I did my brake upgrade. I'll post some of these on the thread about the brakes too. The first picture is the stock front rotor side-by-side with the Galant rotor.... no contest. I don't think I'm ever warping these.

Here's when I was cutting the the hub ears down so that it would fit inside the Galant rotor hat.

Here's what it looked like when I got it to fit.

Here are the longer bolts I used. I think they were Pontiac something or other....

Getting closer....

And, Whalaaa.... cross-drilled rotors added.
        \

Comment

It will be a week or so before I go to the wreckers. I'll take some pics of the spoiler for you and post them in this thread if that's alright.
          1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by TheDanny View Post
            It will be a week or so before I go to the wreckers. I'll take some pics of the spoiler for you and post them in this thread if that's alright.
            Cool. Thx!

Comment

No problem
              1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Okay.... haven't posted in a while on my thread. Haven't taken many pictures lately. Haven't done much to the car lately. Been so busy with so many other things. Anyway, I'm tyring to get ready for the car meet I organized for this coming Saturday in Woodinville.

Comment

Looks great as always!

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Thanks. Can't wait me other things taken care so that I can get back to focusing on my car.... Got some good things I want to do to set it apart...

Comment

Not much has changed Larry, your garage looks as messy as it always has... haha...

Comment

No, you're wrong...... it's worse than ever! LOL

I've got so much junk stacked up right now from so many projects....

Light fixtures that I bought that I still need to put up, siding for the shed, leftover shingles from the shed, two outboard motors that need to go on the boat, upholstery materials for re-doing the inside of the boat, car parts galore, and so on.....

So many projects, so little time....

Comment

haha... still haven't finished all your back yard projects??

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
                            haha... still haven't finished all your back yard projects??
                            I'll try to remember to take some new pictures so that you can see how far it's come....

Comment

Car looks awesome. Should probably remove that Corksport sticker though.
                              sigpic
                              1992 Familia GT-X
                              1988 323 GTX
                              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X