No announcement yet.

My KLZE Ford Festiva build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is gonna be such a sweet build! 2.5ltr v6 Festiva!!
    -'91 Festiva L
    -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

I haven't test fitted the axle yet since i don't have the right sized socket to take the axle nut off but here's something new to add

I know this is a crappy picture but the one on the left is a KL-DE and is free to me, but its not complete, and the one on the right is a KL-ZE for $500, so i'll be getting the DE home hopefully friday to use as a mock-up engine and when i'm ready i'll buy the ZE and get it running

[/

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nice. What are your plans for the build on the ze? Hi comp pistons, cams, standalone? I figure with your welding and mechanical skills you'd build a custom intake manifold also. just some thoughts
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

Interesting... KLZE in a festive, OMG!

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
            Nice. What are your plans for the build on the ze? Hi comp pistons, cams, standalone? I figure with your welding and mechanical skills you'd build a custom intake manifold also. just some thoughts
            Well so far my plans are just get the ZE in and running in stock form, work out the bugs etc. since the engine has been sitting for a while now, and once i see what kind of room i have left to work with (if any) i'll probably turbo it with a stand alone, but if there's not enough room, maybe i'll try individual throttle bodies, i'm not exactly sure yet

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

A turbo setup is tight in BG's you may want to think about a custom intake and a supercharger.
              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                A turbo setup is tight in BG's you may want to think about a custom intake and a supercharger.
                I like that idea

Comment

any updates?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Not yet, the guy i work with who was going to help me get the engine home, wasn't able to help so maybe this week will work out

Yesterday I picked up a socket to take the axle nuts off so if i get a chance to then later today i'll pull an axle and try it in the transmission

Comment

cool man hope it works. im dreading the axle issue of my swap. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I got a chance to work on the car today and here's what i did starting by pulling my festiva into the garage

And started pulling the axle out

And here's the axle

And here it is in the probe tranny

This side the axle was a bit tight going in but that could be because the phantom grip not lettin the spider gear to be in the right position but either way the axle went in

So next i'll be pulling the B6T out and starting my V6tiva project

Comment

that's nuts man! this is a great build.

let me know if you need help or want company, i'm off weds/thurs!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I need to pick up a cherry picker and get the V6 home and when i'm ready to pull the B6T out, your more than welcome to come on down, or hell even if you want to just come check it all out anytime you can, just send me a pm

Comment

I used some de-greaser on the tranny and gave it a coat of black paint, it's still wet in the pic

The other day i brought home a cherry picker so this weekend i can pull the B6T out and get started on this project

Comment

looking good, my transmission is black as it its, from the old engine, it leaked oil so bad it coated the trans in it lol.
                                2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X