No announcement yet.

Pommyvince's BF 323 KL ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as the diff pin is welded you'll be fine. Thats the first thing to go on the diff.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Its illegal to weld the diff here, wont be able to get it cert'd.
      FE3 POWA
      1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Only illegal in NZ to weld up the diff so that its locked ie. lock up the spider gears so you have a fixed axle. If you are just welding pin in to retain it it shouldn't be a problem.

Got a price on making new driveshafts to my pattern...$725 inc taxes (NZD)....which is not toooooooo bad but will have to wait until end of January to get them by the time they have been hardened/heat treated.

Comment

you and your buttery ass swap!...kind of want to get another 1st gen and v6 itb that hoe
          Originally posted by 90prtege
          have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
          Originally posted by Turpro
          Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
          CRZbrussian: that sux
          CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
          CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Something got lost in translation there but wish I had the money for ITB's.

Frustrating day yesterday looking for suitable struts. I finally have some Laser TX3 turbo assemblies with 260 mm discs which came with bonus Monroe gas struts.

Anyone know of a good brake upgrade other than the Galant VR4 discs??? I already have some 22V calipers.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I have sorted my daily driver which **** a rear wheel bearing yesterday.

Comment

i was wondering when you were going to throw up some progress! lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

This is my plan to. same as you . Some im interested to see how you pull this off. Were did you get your motor from?
                ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Comment

Motor came from an Mazda Efini MS8 which there are quite a few of cheap here as the vast majority of cars in NZ are secondhand imports from Japan.

Progress has ground to halt while waiting on a drive flange for my other car .......not due to tuesday and making life difficult as I live out of the city.

In the meantime I might see if the 626 discs will fit the TX3 hubs. 626 the same diameter but 3 or 4mm thicker.

Comment

Not much to report at the moment.....Engineer has my dummy driveshafts to copy and they should be a couple of weeks away. In the menatime I have finished the exhaust and made a start on the wiring. I now have start and chrage but not much else.

I am going to convert my suspension to coil over ( 626 springs do not clear the strut tower). Does anyone have any experience with the Arospeed kits that are available. Any feedback appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
                      Not much to report at the moment.....Engineer has my dummy driveshafts to copy and they should be a couple of weeks away. In the menatime I have finished the exhaust and made a start on the wiring. I now have start and chrage but not much else.

I am going to convert my suspension to coil over ( 626 springs do not clear the strut tower). Does anyone have any experience with the Arospeed kits that are available. Any feedback appreciated.
                      can i ask what ones are you going to use?? I really want some for my 2wd BF hatch cant they don't make any aftermarket ones for BFs anymore
                      FE3 POWA

Comment

I was thinking of using a BG (Protege) kit. Just need to check that the shock bodies are 41mm and the damper rods 20mm.......anyone know the answer to that?????

Suspension Developments here in NZ can make them otherwise.

Comment

BG rears dont fit
                          FE3 POWA

Comment

But the coil overs for BG struts might fit BF struts......if they are 41mm diameter bodies I reckon you might be able to adapt a BG kit to BF...cheaper than getting them custom made. Check out www.customstreetdesigns.com as they seem to carry a good range.

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
                              Motor came from an Mazda Efini MS8 which there are quite a few of cheap here as the vast majority of cars in NZ are secondhand imports from Japan.

Progress has ground to halt while waiting on a drive flange for my other car .......not due to tuesday and making life difficult as I live out of the city.

In the meantime I might see if the 626 discs will fit the TX3 hubs. 626 the same diameter but 3 or 4mm thicker.
                              so what exactly are you using for your suspension setup again, to have the hubs accept the v6 spline?

and if you can, tell what the car is over in the states, lol. sorry if im asking for a lot, im getting so fed up with these issues.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I can understand your frustration !!! I was using 626 BC model..the very first front wheel drive 626 ( mid 80's) so that I got bigger CV's and thicker 260mm discs and bigger calipers but the springs will not clear in the strut tower. I then tried Ford Laser TX3 turbo so that the springs would fit in the strut tower..CV's would be the same as you have already....but discs are thinner than 626 ones. I am now back to the 626 stuts which have the bigger CV etc and 18mm stud in lower ball joint plus using MX3 tie rod ends (bigger stud). With me so far ??? So, now looking for a coil over kit so I can get the strut in the tower.

Hope that all makes sense ?? Confuses me at times lol

One last thing... I have machined a 15mm long and 15 diameter shoulder on the top of the 626 strut so that I can use the BF 323 top mount.

Unless you attempt to fit 5 stud hubs from 626/MS8(maybe probe) you won't get anything with same diameter shafts. 626 BC model was the biggest I could find with a stronger but similar hub to the BF 323..............................think I'll go and have a lie down now lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X