• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job on it.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Thanks for the support guys I've found a place to hide the ECU......underneath the heater and behind the dash support against the firewall. It just squeezes in under there and is reasonably accessable should I need to get it out again. Just need to secure that and wire in fuel pump/rev counter and we should be running again.......So I can then take the cylinder heads off and sort them out. Two steps forward and one step back again lol. Will post pics of ECU location soon.

Comment

Do you mean were mine is atm? this is the stock location

BTW my car doesn't look like that inside anymore
        FE3 POWA
        1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

you are using an ignition coil? ok, maybe im overlooking something. i thought the klde didnt have an external coil..?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Yep, that's exactly where I've found space to squeeze it in....I guessed that might be a stock location.

As for the ignition coil... there are several types of distributor and all the KLZE's that i've seen here run an external ignition coil. KLDE's usually ,but not always, have the two plug internal coil ditzy. It's possible to convert to external coil if you feel the need....especially when the two plug distributor s**ts the amplifier, which they do from time to time lol. There's a thread on here somewhere about modding distributors.

Comment

Ok whew, thought I had another issue to worry about yet again. Lol

Comment

i'd recommend still converting over to an external coil once the car is running dude, less chances of the internal coil failing...

when the time comes, msg me haha.
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Finally finished the wiring and all the gauges work on the dash. Only further problem I came across was the BF fan relay is a "normally closed" type so I just had to swap that out for a "normally open" one so that the ECU can control the cooling fans. Just have to put the interior back together under the dash to hide the ECU.

There's a vid on You tube of the restart. If you search 323pommy you should find it. Sorry about poor quality....had to use the vid function on a stills camera.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good job on the build

Start up to check that I had made the new engine loom ok. Sorry about poor quality from using video on a stills camera. Motor is nowhere near as noisy as ca...
                    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                    "Who Dey"

Comment

Sounds awesome man!! i can't wait to hear mine run lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i cant wait to hear mine either. sucks that i still have to go through wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                          i cant wait to hear mine either. sucks that i still have to go through wiring.
                          Don't worry so do i

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I have to admit that I have a strong temptation to fire up the car every 5 minutes just to listen to it ....sad

I started on the suspension at the weekend and chopped off the original spring seat to fit the coilover sleeves.Got it fitted up with 175lb 300mm springs to find it sits about 50mm too high and a bit too hard for daily driving. The local spring shop is making up some 150lb 250mm springs for me and hopefully I'll have them by the weekend.

Started on fitting some longer wheel studs for the 6mm spacers that I need to get the 205/55-15's to clear the rear shocks but I need to get some new front wheel bearings before I get too far.

Finally heard today that my driveshafts are ready to be picked up from the engineers.....looks like I might have a busy weekend !

Just need the head gasket set and bolts to turn up and I should have all the bits I need.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking great. You are changing head gaskets? I thought it r
                              was running well?

Comment

have you tried fitting some 5 stud hub flanges?? its something i have been thinking about for a while now it would make the hub conversion easier i think
                                FE3 POWA
                                1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Working...
                                X