No announcement yet.

GTX resurrection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is it as it sits right now, the day after I brought it home. So far all I have had a chance to do is fix the malfunctioning power window switch on it. And drive it of course, I have put about 150 kms on it already.
    Attached Files

Comment

So after less than a week of owning the car this happened, timing belt snapped accompanied by a loud bang.
      Attached Files

Comment

Lucky for me Crazy Canadian was nice enough to come out and help with the new timing belt. While I was putting everything back together I thought I would make it look a little better, so I went ahead and painted the intercooler piping with some white paint I already had for my Jeep. Looks a lot better than the bare metal it was, although I am thinking about using red instead on that and the other piping.
        Attached Files

Comment

it's probably fine, the big bang that you heard could of been a backfire

Comment

Probably, my buddy who was behind (way behind) me said he heard the bang and it shot a big cloud of black smoke out the back. It's all fine now other than for some reason I had to re-adjust the boost controller after putting it back together.

Comment

Working...
            X