No announcement yet.

turbospoolins capri to 323 b6t swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been rebuilt and it has been running great on the vj11/14 hybrid that I have on 16 psi until last week when the head gasket went. I have a new one already but ill get to it soon

Comment

UPDATE!!!!! hey guys i have been out today test driving my 323 and all seems good, as for the ones wondering about the 4 spider gear diff i built, well it works very well and is smooth and no dogleg burnouts!!! lol its spinning both tires evenly and still handles great. where i have been driving my civic, it has 340whp i had to turn the boost up to around 20psi just to get near the feeling my civic has, but i noticed how fast the speedo is moving compared to the civic!!!! i think they are very close, overall i will be driving the 323 more it is such a smooth car and boost comes in so much sooner, im used to getting full boost at about 5200 rpm in the civic, but thats what a gt35r turbo with a .70 a/r will do lol i am thinking of upgrading my charger soon to something a tad bigger,16g??? eclipse charger??? maybe,... it seems to be the perfect upgrade, i had one about a month ago but traded like a dummy lol if any of you guys can get or have a mani or turbo header for a b6t that i can bolt a 16g to please let me know. would a miata top mount work in my car??? i know it will fit the engine but not sure about fitment in the 323??? but thanks to all that have helped me along the way. i didnt get in no hurry doing the swap but i could have been done with it a day or 2 sooner but just wanted to get everything hooked up correctly, all my gauges boost controller,timer and so on........ but overall the car feels like a factory turbo car should,smooth,quiet and reserved...
      schmlick blang

Comment

Just get a rocket chip ecu or Reich racing. It will allow you to run 18 lbs without touching the timing or anything. Mine put down 174hp to the wheels on a mustang dyno on stock boost with just a intercooler and ecu and open exhaust. Been running it for 2yrs now without a problem. I only turn the boost up for the track cause it's just a wheel spin machine.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" Blue b6t SVT , 13.8 at 103 mph

1996 F-150 Straight 6 4.9l

1993 Ford Lightning 5.8l Underdrive pullies, 15.2

Comment

update!!!! well guys i have some bad news lol ha ha i was out today well i actually left my house and i drove about 2 miles down the road car running smooth no noises nothing out of the ordinary,well i cam to a stop sign at the end of my road. i turned left shifted into 2nd gear and very lightly pressed the pedal about 1/4 way just driving normal,the boost gauge went up to about 11psi as normal then all of a sudden with no warning no noises went from very smooth 11psi to kersplode!!!!!!!!!! stuff flyin out the back of my car, engine parts everywhere oil trail on the road!!!! well thats the end of that lol whe i got stopped i looked under the car and the oil pan was almost cut in half the block was busted on both sides it was horrific!!!!!! and i was not getting on it or nothing just driving normal and boooom parts flyin all over the road!!!!! wow funny tho it was still runnin lol knock knock knock clack clack!!!! any way the good news is that my buddy has a 2002 mazdaspeed protege turbo!!! he crashed it about 3 yrs ago n he said man you can have it for 1000 bucks the drive train is still perfect!!!!! holy crap thats awesome!!! so i will be swapping again very soon!!! lol b6t go ka splow!!! so any help with that swap would be appreciated!!! what series is that engine anyway??? its not a b series i dont think???, but yea i think the little b6t had enough of 24psi lol even tho i was not runnin it hard and the boost was turned way down to 11psi?? wonder why it did this, guess runnin it on 24psi weakened it and it was just a matter of time!!! lol
          schmlick blang

Comment

B6T rods are known to hairline crack. take it apart & find out what gave way.

the mazdaspeed motor is a 2.0L FS series motor. if you plan to swap that, do it right & put rods/pistons/+1/2 mm valves into it. rods at the very minimum or you'll be back on the side of the road again very quickly.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              B6T rods are known to hairline crack. take it apart & find out what gave way.

the mazdaspeed motor is a 2.0L FS series motor. if you plan to swap that, do it right & put rods/pistons/+1/2 mm valves into it. rods at the very minimum or you'll be back on the side of the road again very quickly.
              well to be honest with you lol uh theres not much left to take apart lol the block is destroyed and the oil pan also lol the rod is still bolted to the journal, looks like the rod broke,but i wasnt running it hard at all just normal driving i dont think it even got above 3500rpm,then boom it was kinda weird it didnt give no signs at all it just happened all of a sudden. as for the other engine im putting in i am not gonna crank the boost none at all just gonna leave it stock, it should be fine left stock??? i dont have the money to build it at the moment.after this happened im afraid to drive my civic now lol its got a gt35r on it at 12.7psi and the engine is stock internals but it seems to do fine, i have seen where a stock bottom end b16 honda engine made 643whp on a extremly good tune,i have heard that the honda b16 will take a lot of punishment.but the b6 seemed fine to lol i am gonna sell my civic and build an engine for the 323 prob the one from the 02 protege, rods and good pistons and a good tune ,bigger injectors and a step up turbo should do the trick?? i will be finishing getting the engine back out of the 323 tomorrow, i almost got it out tonight but go tired lol do you know of any good cheaper sources for rods and pistons for that protege engine??? i found a set of h beams on ebay for 190 bucks,they supposed to be good for 650hp??? whats your recommendation????
              schmlick blang

Comment

What has happened to you is what is expected out of a b6. I told you to stay on the small boost. I didnt have a rod kick like you though

Comment

Post pics of the carnage

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                    Post pics of the carnage
                    yea lol carnage is about right lol it cut the oilpan completely in half!!!! i figured it would go at high boost but it didnt. i think i know what happend, since i didnt have the throttle down much just barely it cought a lean condition and detonated and snapped the rod. the crank is still good,the rod is still bolted to it lol i will post pics in a few let me check my emails and download the pics
                    schmlick blang

Comment

carnage!!!

here are the pics of the carnage!!! i picked up most of the pieces of the oilpan and the block that i could findClick image for larger version

Name:	b6t done.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1227595

Click image for larger version

Name:	b6t done2.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1227596

Name:	b6t done3.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1227597

Name:	b6t done4.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1227598
                      schmlick blang

Comment

Wow that's awesome. Yeah those motors will run great one day and the next day will do something like that or maybe blow a head gasket starting

Comment

Looks like you just joined the Motor Sploder Club... nice job, time to make it faster now!
                          _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Wow, and I thought I had bad luck last week! The FS engine might be cool. I have one sitting in the garage from my old Protege 5 I've been considering rebuilding.
                            sigpic
                            1992 Familia GT-X
                            1988 323 GTX
                            2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
                            X