No announcement yet.

It's Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may very well beat me to the 'done' stage. Mine is down to the shell, and should be ready for paint before winter. The build will be over the winter, and part of next spring. I will start a build thread once things get rolling.

Good luck with yours! I don't have a ton of spares, but if you need something, hit me up. If I can help, I will.
    1988 323 GTX
    2009 Mazda 5

Comment

Darren, the fuel door should be in the car somewhere as far as I know you should have everything there that you'll need to get it back to complete

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I posted a reply here. it is gone. Would love to know what happened.
        I am neanderpaul!!!!!! youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP - 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air DD - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Protege 5 Wife's DD

Comment

My pms are gone as well.
          I am neanderpaul!!!!!! youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP - 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air DD - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Protege 5 Wife's DD

Comment

Well, I'm picking up another BF today, an '89 323 GT. This should make a nice daily and give me plenty of time to work on the GTX. Averaging 17mpg with the BMW is killing my wallet at $1.55/liter ($5.86 a gallon for my imperial loving friends) for supreme It's just supposed to be a weekend car.
            Last edited by DuRWooD; 05-06-2011, 08:14 AM.
            sigpic
            1992 Familia GT-X
            1988 323 GTX
            2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              I posted a reply here. it is gone. Would love to know what happened.
              Had a small glitch happen on the 3rd, most everyones posts/threads were deleted if created that day.

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
              Well, I'm picking up another BF today, an '89 323 GT. This should make a nice daily and give me plenty of time to work on the GTX. Averaging 17mpg with the BMW is killing my wallet at $1.55/liter ($5.86 a gallon for my imperial loving friends) for supreme It's just supposed to be a weekend car.
              17mpg? Yikes, thats around what 13-14L per 100km?? I could see the reason for wanting the 323 lol. My KL 626 use to get 10/100km average
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

17mpg is still better then my jeep lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That's about what i get in my GTX.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                  1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                  1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                  1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                  1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

The way I drive to work I think I would get around 25 mpg with the GT. I have to baby the BMW to get the 17, I can sometimes manage 18. I've heard of an mx6 5th gear swap, anyone tried a Festiva 5th? I think that would be the tallest.
                    Last edited by DuRWooD; 05-07-2011, 03:46 PM.
                    sigpic
                    1992 Familia GT-X
                    1988 323 GTX
                    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

The stock festiva trans is an E series tranny compared to the 323's G series tranny, so I doubt the gears would be interchangeable

Comment

The guys on Probetalk put them in their g boxes with the KL.
                        sigpic
                        1992 Familia GT-X
                        1988 323 GTX
                        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Hmm I may need to look into that myself then lol

Comment

Small update. I spent over an hour removing duct tape residue from the windows, the tape has pretty much ruined the window sills. I don't know whether to completely disassemble the doors and sand blast the window frames or just look for new doors. Thanks to whoever put that tape on

Also took the wheels off and put the car on jack stands in the shop. I think the car is in the exact spot it will sit for at least a year.
                            Anyway, I'm thinking of painting the stock wheels and putting them on my GT, as it just came with steelies. Do you think white stock rims would look good on a dark blue (not a factory GT colour) GT, or should I just freshen up the stock grey colour?
                            Last edited by DuRWooD; 05-09-2011, 03:02 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1992 Familia GT-X
                            1988 323 GTX
                            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I'm not sure if you have this in Canada, but I use a product called "goo-gone" to remove tape residue and even the trim on the car. The name sounds cheesy but it works pretty good. Just don't get any of it on interior windows with tint, as it will remove that too!

Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

^^^Agreed! Best stuff I have ever used! I think their is another brand called "goo off" but I am not to familiar with their product.

Comment

Working...
                                X