new to me 323gtx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the advice every one.

So I got a pair of used shift cables and I am wondering if I should oil them before I put them in . what do you guys think?

Comment

The reason for having no 2nd 3rd or revers.

man i cant wait to grab second

Comment

score one point for me finally got around to installing my cables. It is nice having all gears. Now I just need to figure out what the grinding noise is. I can't tell if it is the savvier warped and gouged rear rotors or a wheel bearing, I like how the guy we picked the car up from said he just replaced all the brakes and rotor's. the front's are new but the rears are jacked. I am hoping one of the hub's are not toast if it is a bad bearing

Comment

I pulled the front right hub a part and when I pulled it a part I found my spacer was mangled buy a previous owner .
          think it is still usable the cut is not all the way through.

isn't the spacer supposed to be hard to get off because mine slides right off the hub.

I was thinking if I cant re use the spacer I can go to the machine shop and see if they can make me a new spacer.
          And the rear bearing was toast! It is just flopping around inside the knuckle

Comment

You could probably use it,its suppose to be loose.Its the bearings themselves that you need a bearing puller to remove.If you end up using the old spacer you may have bearing troubles down the road and blame the gashed spacer,when infact its the wrong size needed.
            Change it

Comment

Aren't the spacer's. Nla?
              Last edited by dislexicdime; 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

You may be right,Ive never asked Mazda myself.I just change 'em

Comment

The spacers just slide on the hub. What is the number stamped on the side. The spacers are stamped with numbers from 1-23 iirc. refering to a different clearance. I would not use that spacer....they should be avaialble at the dealer if not let me know.
                  Clay

Comment

woo who i drove it today ! now I need to do rear brakes the pad's are toast. And the heater core smell is horrible. I am not looking foreword to changing the heater core.

Comment

Its no fun I did it on my gt.

Comment

So my front driver side spindl is toast. Will a spoindle from a 323 base model work?

Comment

I'm fairly certain the spindles are different. The tie rod mount is longer. Steering and suspension geometry will be off.
                          sigpic
                          1992 Familia GT-X
                          1988 323 GTX
                          2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Oops
                            I said the wrong part. Is the front hub from a base model 323 the sam as a front gtx hub

Comment

Hubs are the same, iirc.
                              The yahoo forum has info on gtx, gt, and se spindle swaps and drivability reviews.

Comment

got it back on the road again . it feel's weird getting side ways in this car . I flung it around a right hander with a dip and scared my self a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X