bringing the 88 gtx back from the dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on the helper springs.

Glad to see someone working on their car. Mine's getting the motor rebuilt at the moment.

Comment

well after getting the car all up to par, driving it all summer. the car started detonating one day, odly it was from the gas level, my gauge(swapped cluster) isn't accurate and i was running it out of fuel. think that did some permanent damage and now i've got a little knock as far as i can tell.

i think this winter may be research on what has to happen to do a full BPT swap on this thing.
      2018 STI | Stock DD
      1987 RX-7 Sport | Full BP
      1988 323 GTX | constant work in progress

Comment

did you get bad gas at one of the stations?? low fuel shouldn't be an issue unless you had total fuel starvation under boost for a bit.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          did you get bad gas at one of the stations?? low fuel shouldn't be an issue unless you had total fuel starvation under boost for a bit.
          I would have thought bad gas first if it wasn't near the end of the tank that the issue started, and went away right when I put more gas in.

i think my gauge is reading about 1/8th of a tank too high

I drove it around a little bit yesterday and didn't hear the knock at all, maybe it just me being paranoid....lets hope
          2018 STI | Stock DD
          1987 RX-7 Sport | Full BP
          1988 323 GTX | constant work in progress

Comment

Working...
          X