isuzu Imark bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rotary84 View Post
    crazycanadian do you happen to have pics of what you did to make it fit?
    No I don't.. I never took any pics... I can try to crawl under the car tonight and take some pictures of it mounted... I do believe though its going to be different still though.. Up here we have different bumper laws and such the supports that mount the bumper to the body tend to be different due to different crash ratings... I can tell looking at your stock bumper the supports that mount it to the body are not removable from the actual metal bumper support.. I do believe mine was removable from the stock bumper...

Comment

i want an imark bumper :[
      88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
      00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
      00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

Where abouts in the Bay Area are you?

Comment

i used my stock support, and just trimmed the inside of the bumper out to make mine fit.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

im located in suisun city.ca. ya i may just do that dee one

Comment

Originally posted by corby_baby View Post
              are imark bumpers the same as imark rs bumpers?
              No. The stock I-Mark bumpers are different. The one he's got is an I-Mark RS bumper. They are getting really rare. If any of you find one in good shape in the junkyard, grab it! Even if you're not going to use it, save it for someone interested in using it because they are hard to find. I'd hate to see one get crushed and gone for good before one of us can save it.

BTW, I anchored mine by using 1.5" steel L-channel cut into about 4" lengths. Then, I drilled holes and bolted 2 of those 4" sections together so that the existing bolts on the back of the steel bumper frame would meet up with it. It's holding up well. Crazycanadian, who bought my first I-Mark bumper and used the same method had some difficulty with it because this set-up doesn't hang the bumper with a lot of bolts and it could eventually snap the bolts. i haven't had this problem yet. I believe crazycanadian found another way to reinforce it so that this won't happen but I haven't seen how he's done this. I'm sure it's sutrier than my way.
              Last edited by LN323; 03-07-2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
                Dum-dum-DUMMMM!

Now you've done it, next thing you know, you'll be swapping motors; you'll have to in order to fit the FMIC behind the bumper.

It's the next logical step.

I await your worklog, your pics taken at 0300hrs, the empty cans of beer, the greasy handprints on the fender. Oh yes, there's no turning back now.

muhahahahaha!
                Hey! I resemble that remark! So does my car! I love your humor terry.....

Comment

Working...
                X