No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconsidered...Misubitshi-Galant upgrade ...

Originally posted by 808 View Post
    the gallant upgrade is mostly to get rid of the captive rotors in my opinion.
    After some research my descision to make the Misubitshi-Galant upgrade is the most reasonable solution to my delima.

Thanks for the nudge 808!
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

I'm still playing around with fitting an Injen CAI from a Mazdaspeed Protege I got for free, I can't wait to get rid of that stupid flappy meter (going Megasquirt) and get the Starion I/C core finished. Now I just need to trash the turbo, pick up a SSAutocrime Miata header, do a little welding and toss on a GT25. Ball bearing is the only way to go with such a small displacement.

Comment

I put H.I.D. headlights in last night and today I am changing the manifold to turbo gasket

Comment

Searching parts and retro fit parts for the Galant Upgrade

Hope to have it back in service by next weekend?

My Air is even working in my BF.
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

Did the turbo gasket. Car is running great. Now I hear the turbo whistle when it spools. Hopefully tomorrow it runs good so I can drive it to the courthouse for jury duty. I think that my alternator is going out. When I am at a light the voltage goes around 11.5v. I want to put a higher amp alt and I heard that the turbo II alt will work. Has anyone else heard this?

Comment

Jury Duty sucks a goober....

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
              Did the turbo gasket. Car is running great. Now I hear the turbo whistle when it spools. Hopefully tomorrow it runs good so I can drive it to the courthouse for jury duty. I think that my alternator is going out. When I am at a light the voltage goes around 11.5v. I want to put a higher amp alt and I heard that the turbo II alt will work. Has anyone else heard this?

I have that this month, and I feel like I did my calling as I did it 25 years ago and served on a rape trial of a locally known woman of the city (Russellville, Ky) and it was nasty. I don't want to do that again.

Currently I am scouting parts for my Galant upgrade, for net weekends project.
              David
              sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by riverrunnernky View Post
                I have that this month, and I feel like I did my calling as I did it 25 years ago and served on a rape trial of a locally known woman of the city (Russellville, Ky) and it was nasty. I don't want to do that again.

Currently I am scouting parts for my Galant upgrade, for net weekends project.
                Go in and act like a really big racist. You won't have to be there long.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

. I want to put a higher amp alt and I heard that the turbo II alt will work. Has anyone else heard this?
                  It's the s5 tII that works... they changed plugs between the s4 and s5...

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                  1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                  1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                  1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                  1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                    It's the s5 tII that works... they changed plugs between the s4 and s5...
                    Please give me more info. I want to change it out asap. I have been noticing that when the car is cold it runs at 14v and when it warms up and I have been driving it for a bit it runs at 13.5v and fluctuates with no a/c on and with the a/c on it puts too much of a load on the motor causing the temp gauge to go up. As soon as I turn the a/c off it goes back to the center instantly and the voltage is not as low. The a/c drops the voltage to 12.9v and fluctuates. I have been confused about this since I put the a/c back in the car. Any help is greatly appreciated.
                    On a better note my friend is buying a 4 door 323 in black like mine. He used to own mine a few years back and since I bought it from another friend he has wanted one. So we go to pick the other 4 door up tomorrow and yes its a real GT. Pics will be posted soon

Comment

Seafoamed my engine today, really helped clean things out, and actually made a noticeable difference in idle, and response. Before that, on my way home from work, I was stopped at a light, and an integra, like a 97 or somethin pulls up next to me. Light turns green, and right as it did, some other civic pulls out in front of me at a slow pace about 100 yards, so i boost to get in front of the tegra, and go around the slow ass. The tegra though I was racing. He cuaght up to me pretty quick and passed me. He would have smoked me either way. Probably has alot more under his hood then i do from the sound of it.
                      Mazda
                      1988 Black 323 GT
                      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I thought that you weren't supposed to use seafoam in a turbo car. The stuff is not good for the turbo from what I heard. You could've beat the integra. Never underestimate the power of the 4 door. I've beat those with no problems

Comment

Got my Magnecor 8.5mm competition plug wires. It's been raining from last night have not gotten the chance to install them as yet.

Comment

Please give me more info. I want to change it out asap. I have been noticing that when the car is cold it runs at 14v and when it warms up and I have been driving it for a bit it runs at 13.5v and fluctuates with no a/c on and with the a/c on it puts too much of a load on the motor causing the temp gauge to go up. As soon as I turn the a/c off it goes back to the center instantly and the voltage is not as low. The a/c drops the voltage to 12.9v and fluctuates. I have been confused about this since I put the a/c back in the car. Any help is greatly appreciated.
                            On a better note my friend is buying a 4 door 323 in black like mine. He used to own mine a few years back and since I bought it from another friend he has wanted one. So we go to pick the other 4 door up tomorrow and yes its a real GT. Pics will be posted soon
                            What you're telling me is fairly normal... The amperage sounds a little low but other than that it's typical. What information did you want to know?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                            1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                            1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                            1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                            1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Geez....it's a fact....

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                              Go in and act like a really big racist. You won't have to be there long.

if one does that or says that he/she reads books on communism.

I would dislike much to be labled as such a person, is mainly why I would not say that. As much as I play here, I don't play that crap at all.

Back on topic:

I broke a rear strut today while driving from the Red River Gorge Geological area. So now It's time to make another repair.

All left to do after the struts is body work. And of coarse the add on cruise control. My lead foot, is too heavy.
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

I thought that you weren't supposed to use seafoam in a turbo car. The stuff is not good for the turbo from what I heard. You could've beat the integra. Never underestimate the power of the 4 door. I've beat those with no problems

I dont know, Im pretty much stock except a chipped ecu, running around 15psi. From what it looked like, he had more money into his car. IT wasnt riced out at all, was lowered, black, no stickers, just alloy's, and had a mean exhuast. My cars not running well this past few weeks, and while doing the seafoam, I think I found why. Ive got a nice sized crack in my exhuast mani. A good bit of smoke was comming out while I was seafoaming it.

As so far as seafoaming a Turbo Motor, who told you it wasnt good? Ive heard of quite a few people, some that are techs like I was, that do it to their BF's all the time.
                                Mazda
                                1988 Black 323 GT
                                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
                                X