What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
    Well ran her at the track. I didnt get to run her all out since I could not get a trailer to tow her home. I was scared of breaking on the line so I went on street tires. First run I spun 1st and 2nd and ran 15.11. Second run I went out the hole on 10psi of boost from the 2 step and spun very bad, almost felt like I broke something. So that run was a 16.5. I am happy that I didnt break her and was able to get home. Vids will be up soon
    no bad....last time i went on street tires i went 14.2 spinning...and yes im on my stock vj14 .....hey matt im plannin on going out to the 1/8 real soon. u down to run it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty323 View Post
      no bad....last time i went on street tires i went 14.2 spinning...and yes im on my stock vj14 .....hey matt im plannin on going out to the 1/8 real soon. u down to run it?
      Well you also werent on a 2-stepand coming out the hole on 10psi. Let me know when you wanna go to the 1/8th mile and I might be there

Comment

ordered a new water pump and timing idler pulley. mine decided to freeze today.

Comment

I installed the parts I received from Corksport H&R lowering springs, ss brakelines & I lubed up my poly bushing in the trailing arms since i had to pull down the rear suspension.

Comment

got the water pump and idler pulley. going to install them on saturday.

Comment

My BF if back on the ground. Any one got ajustable Camber bolts to sell me?
              My camber is out bad. I be drivin the 626 this weekend, 400 miles will eat tire that far out of range!
              David
              sigpic Ky

Comment

well, got the idler puley in and the water pump gasket, yeah autoparts warehouse sent me the wrong one. but the gasket worked it was exactly the same and since the water pump is only about 1 1/2 years old and spun without grindage i cleaned it up put the gasket back on and it works great. also flushed the radiator to get rid of the stop leak i was using to hold off fixing stuff til i had time. when i did the timing i put it tdc and it didn't really work all that great, stuttering and stuff. then i remembered when i did the timing before i looked up the settings and it caled for 11 degrees on the mark so i did it and it works amazing. so stoked on my car right now. spinning tires with advans on. so fun again.

Comment

was looking under the hood tonight and was wondering, what this is.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've seen it too many time and ...

Originally posted by bighed323 View Post
                    was looking under the hood tonight and was wondering, what this is.
                    I assumed it is a choke pull off valve.

I want to know allso if I'm incorrect.

Bump for B6T expert
                    David
                    sigpic Ky

Comment

You're really gonna make me bust out the FSM so I can remember what the hell that thing is called?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

dashpot I think im probly wrong... It keeps the throttle from closing completely to fast and stalling.

The gt is starting to hit boost cut at 5k in 3rd. Has anyone else had this happen with just a dp back exhaust?
                        12 cbr250r: daily ride
                        01 saab 9-3: daily
                        98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                        93L: money pit/ space waster
                        92GL: low and slow beater
                        90?: the rust free shell
                        89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                        89L: for sale
                        89L: parts
                        87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                        76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Yeah thats a dashpot. Keeps the throttle from slamming closed. A lot of people remove them, to what effect I dont know.

DP-back exhaust will cause boost creep, especially in cooler weather. Time for a chip
                          1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                          1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                          www.werbatfik.com

Comment

already have it just need to put it in
                            12 cbr250r: daily ride
                            01 saab 9-3: daily
                            98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                            93L: money pit/ space waster
                            92GL: low and slow beater
                            90?: the rust free shell
                            89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                            89L: for sale
                            89L: parts
                            87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                            76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

And to disconnect the over-boost sensor.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                              1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                              1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                              1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                              1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I smacked my BF with the ladder this morning at 3am as I went on to the roof to find out why I was getting showered on in bed in the basement... damn leaky house.. couldn't find any pipes around or any reason for it to be rainning on me other then the down poor out side... GRRRR!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X