No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the motor back in my hatch but it won't start. Its got no spark and 12v to both coil terminals. So looks like im yanking the harness tomorrow.
    12 cbr250r: daily ride
    01 saab 9-3: daily
    98 gsxr 1100: for sale
    93L: money pit/ space waster
    92GL: low and slow beater
    90?: the rust free shell
    89LX: swapping to rust free shell
    89L: for sale
    89L: parts
    87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
    76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Originally posted by bighed323 View Post
      took off the dashpot after looking at it for a bit, it was not even touching or should i say it was not doing anything. so it's gone
      On mine, the dash pot spun loose and wouldn't contact the lever. When lifting off the throttle, the car wouldn't drop revs correctly; it would feel like the butterfly valve was "floating" a bit. After I adjusted it per the FSM, things worked fine. I forget the time it is supposed to take to settle, or absorb the impact of the lever, but I got it pretty close.

I think it came loose during rallycrossing, but whenever anything shakes loose, or fails, I just blame it on rallycrossing.

Comment

i know what you're talking about with the throttle settling properly, the first time i did the timing, a few years ago, i adjusted the idle to the fsm specs so it settles properly and the dashpot doesn't touch so i took it off. looks cleaner i think and since it was serving no purpose and causing no harm taking it off i figured i would.

Comment

I got the hatch running tonight but when I put coolant in it it started running out the front of the block.

Also put my chipped ecu in the gt and disconnected the overboost sensor.

Comment

found some mazda badges in the jy today. going back this weekend to pull a steering from a 1977 rx 7. can't wait.

Comment

put my other wheel back on. been riding around like this for awhile to see if i liked it or not. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Where did you get that rear spoiler from? Ive been looking for something like that for mine.

Comment

local junkyard. its off a 3rd gen camaro.

Comment

ill have to keep an eye out for one it looks good

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                      local junkyard. its off a 3rd gen camaro.
                      Did you have to cut it down? How did you fasten it onto the trunk lid?

Comment

no it actually just fit like that. they come with threaded studs in them. i took out the short studs for the camaro trunk, and got longer ones and drilled holes in my trunk and mounted it, keeping it tight with nuts on the inside of the trunk.

on the camaro it is actually a three piece spoiler. it has sides that go down the fender. you only need the trunk piece.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                          no it actually just fit like that. they come with threaded studs in them. i took out the short studs for the camaro trunk, and got longer ones and drilled holes in my trunk and mounted it, keeping it tight with nuts on the inside of the trunk.

on the camaro it is actually a three piece spoiler. it has sides that go down the fender. you only need the trunk piece.
                          Thanks for sharing! Believe it or not, I had thought about trying this with the Camaro spoiler to see if it would work or at least be close. Thanks to you, my questions have been answered! Nice work!

Honestly, I have also been thinking about trying the Chrysler 300 spoiler, but I haven't been able to obtain the overall measurement to see if it would be the right length for the car.

Comment

Finally got my new motor running. Let it run at idle and up to 2k for about a half hour/ 45 mins, did an oil change, and took it out on the road for the first time. Noisy HLA's, im hoping they are not acting up on me. Plus, the motor feels a little gutless. Im hoping thats only due to blow by and the rings not being seated.
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Re-check the timing too. The stupid harmonic dampener on the pulley caused the outer part of the pulley to slip, and the timing marks are way off. I had to adjust the timing with a sniffer in the tailpipe. Runs great now, but it was a huge hassle getting there.

Comment

Thanks Terry, Ile double check that. I just got home from work, and decided to take it out on its first voyage. Runs nice and smooth, the Lifters are nice and quiet now, and the power is comming back. Im pretty sure the only trouble I was having was the motor just need some run time to set up right. I also replaced the Brand new Spark plugs that I had to get directly from Derrick @ CorkSport since no one else carried them, but now have the average heat range. Replaced since I had pulled the plugs out like 6 times trying to Un Flood my engine sorta speak, and ended up breaking 2 of the spark plug's ceramic housings. Anyways, re timed with a timing light and everything is now great!
                                Mazda
                                1988 Black 323 GT
                                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
                                X