No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced rear inner and outer rear wheel bearings and inner seals too.

Comment

Over thursday and Friday I went replace the alternator to only find out that the mx3 alternator will not work on the 323. Then to also find my halfshafy was leaking on the inner boot so I regreased and put new bands on since the boot was perfect and it was just leaking around the band. Then found out the lower ball joint was toast so I replaced it. Oh also had to replace both drive belts.

Fun, fun

for the alternator I just bought a Capri which is 10 more amps and had to buy a longer lower bolt since I did not have time to go to the junk yard and pull one.
      88 - 323 GTX
      Turbo 4wd

Comment

I installed a HKS pfc fcon & a Hallman boost controler on my friend 323 gt. Turn up the boost and now my friend is now driving with a big grin on his face.

Comment

For an alt I think it's S5 and 3rd gen Rx-7's both work to.. I have a 3rd gen (with a pulley swap) on a motor sitting on the stand... also needs a longer bolt.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
            For an alt I think it's S5 and 3rd gen Rx-7's both work to.. I have a 3rd gen (with a pulley swap) on a motor sitting on the stand... also needs a longer bolt.
            S5? Throw me a bone, will ya? Also, why the pulley swap? What's the advantage and what pulley did you use?

Comment

S5 is the 2nd half of the 2nd gen Rx7 (body colored molding, and circular tail-lights are good indicators of S5). and the advantage of the pulley swap is being able to run a belt on the 3rd gen alt. The 3rd gen Rx7 doesn't use a V-belt so you swap your pulley onto it.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                S5? Throw me a bone, will ya? Also, why the pulley swap? What's the advantage and what pulley did you use?
                The topic was beat to death over the past few years on the yahoo forum. Part numbers and specs are in the database and the archives.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
                  The topic was beat to death over the past few years on the yahoo forum. Part numbers and specs are in the database and the archives.
                  Your second sentence... "Part numbers and specs are in the database and the archives." Works just fine. It's concise and informational even if it is a fragmented sentence.

Your first sentence is a dig as if I'm suppose to know this already. Do you take lessons from my wife? If I knew it and had read about it on yahoo, I wouldn't be asking now, would I? I don't use yahoo. Never have. I might start. Never have checked out yahoo forums about cars of any type. I wouldn't know where to begin to look or where to find them..... Maybe you ought to take some lessons from 808. At least he was kind enough to explain wihtout thrashin' on me. Now, would you back off a little, please?

BTW, I need some Midol. Pamprin will due. Anybody got some for me?

Love you terry.....

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                    Your second sentence... "Part numbers and specs are in the database and the archives." Works just fine. It's concise and informational even if it is a fragmented sentence.

Your first sentence is a dig as if I'm suppose to know this already. Do you take lessons from my wife? If I knew it and had read about it on yahoo, I wouldn't be asking now, would I? I don't use yahoo. Never have. I might start. Never have checked out yahoo forums about cars of any type. I wouldn't know where to begin to look or where to find them..... Maybe you ought to take some lessons from 808. At least he was kind enough to explain wihtout thrashin' on me. Now, would you back off a little, please?

BTW, I need some Midol. Pamprin will due. Anybody got some for me?

Love you terry.....
                    Let me try this again:

There was a lot of discussion regarding the RX-7 Alternator: Which alternators have been tried, which pulley to use and why (did anyone try shimming it? why? what type of pulley is installed on it in the first place?), the part number of the bolt, fitment, install. etc. etc. I figured that it would be good to read about how this all came about.

This forum is a good source of information, but there's nothing wrong with having more than one source. You might find that most people on that forum never visit this one. You also might find that part you're looking for, or always wanted.

So, on that note: I'll do you the favor of not doing you any more favors.

Comment

Oh terry..... I was only giving you a hard time..... You can do me favors anytime (wait, that came out sounding bad.......).

Actually, terry, I would love to check out what's being said on the yahoo forum, but I don't know how to access it.... honestly.... So, if you could do me another favor someday and explain that to me, it would be greatly appreciated as are all of our bantering. Jeeez.... I miss all that sarcasm and joking around on the m323p.com forum... We sure went back and forth a lot sometimes..... LOL

Comment

There was also the spooning incident...

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                          There was also the spooning incident...
                          OMFG.... that's right. Man, good times......

Comment

Well, no spooning here, but I have been busy dissassembling capri rear calipers for a cleaning and rebuild, need long nosed snap ring pliers though! Going on the 88 323 hatch. A lot of work and even more to come.....Installed a Tach!!!!!!
                            Last edited by MyHooker; 03-12-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Done the sunroof to power moonroof swap

Comment

My injector o-rings started leaking. I am so scared to change them since the last time the fuel rail came off, the bolt broke inside the intake manifold. That's when we put the turbo II injectors in about 5 or so years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X