No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey... I like the lip! Did you have to do much modding or was it pretty close? How did you anchor it?

Comment

Reworked some intake pipes for better fitment and tightened all the intake clamps. Added a few for good measure. Charged the battery but I think it's on its last leg. Fixed my front lip (youngest son pulled up too close to some curbs). Had to get washers to keep the screws from pulling through.

Later this week I plan to try the turbo swap, relocate the oxygen sensor, change the oil and filter and fix a few other minor things. All the new gaskets for the turbo, exhaust mani and such come in on Thursday.
      Last edited by LN323; 07-13-2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Good weather this last weekend. Took the car out on the roads with another Bay Area GTX'er. She is entering her GTX in the GRM $2010 Challenge. Bonus: Got someone to take a lot of parts off my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
          Hey... I like the lip! Did you have to do much modding or was it pretty close? How did you anchor it?
          Actually it was damn near perfect. I was surprised. No cutting needed and holes are already in the lip. A few self tapping screws and it was done.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
            Actually it was damn near perfect. I was surprised. No cutting needed and holes are already in the lip. A few self tapping screws and it was done.
            What car was it off of? Buick what? What year(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
              What car was it off of? Buick what? What year(s)?
              1992-1996 buick LeSabre. im not 100% positive of the year/model but thats what it looked like to me. ill go back to the junkyard and find out for sure.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

ive being wiring my etude which is driving me crazy
                so close to hearing it start for the first time

etude ftw!

Comment

Being the cool kid that I am applied a new sticker, and gave my baby a photo shoot. Parking garages ftw.

Comment

Took the Gt on roadtrip this weekend. Went to a family reunion in harrisonburg va. About 600mi round trip. Cruised at 80 most of the way with no problems except for being stuck in dc beltway traffic for almost 2 hours, with no ac on one of the hottest days of the year , and 2 very drunk cousins.
                    12 cbr250r: daily ride
                    01 saab 9-3: daily
                    98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                    93L: money pit/ space waster
                    92GL: low and slow beater
                    90?: the rust free shell
                    89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                    89L: for sale
                    89L: parts
                    87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                    76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

I used to live in that area. Vienna and Fairfax, VA. Don't miss the heat and humidity one bit. I have A/C but if the car's not moving or not moving fast enough, I'm afraid to use it on the little 323. Maybe when I vent the hood a little more.....

Still trying to get ready for the turbo swap. Too many other things to work on right now. Re-upholstering and re-modeling the interior of the boat, being put in charge of my cousin's memorial service. Trying to get ready to go to eastern WA for a three day fishing, camping, boating trip....

Not complaining.... just feeling busy.....

I'm still impressed with that Buick front lip. If you didn't do any cutting.... it's amazing how it goes right to the end of the front bumper by the wheel well. I would appreciate it if you can narrow down the year/generation of the Buick. I might try one someday.

Larry

Comment

The Virginia heat has been a killer. Seriously its been hot as balls the last few weeks and no rain, aside from a few small downpours amounting to a lot of nothing. Shenandoah Valley :D Haha, Harrisonburg is like 30-40 min from me.

Comment

Ive actually been thinking of selling my 323's. Its real sad to think about, but other things do come. Only reason I would sell it is if I end up picking up a 1966 Chevrolet Impala Convertible that Ive been looking at. Had the hardtop version when I was in High school, and Loved it. Such a fun car, and the convertible is worth so much more.
                          But, right now, its just in the thought stage. If I do sell it, and all my parts and the spare shell in the back yard, ile let everyone else know.
                          Mazda
                          1988 Black 323 GT
                          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I started my GTX for the first time in almost 3 years. ... started fine (longest oil-pump change ever). Oil pressure was perfect for about 30mins, then it started to drop while it was idling for a while. I'm hoping the engine was just getting too hot because I need to flush the coolant.

Comment

I bought some national A2 and A15 bearings so i can finish my rear disc swap, and see if this helps my brake situation. Hoping to pick up a manual steering rack from a local salvage yard tomorrow so i can actually drive it out of the garage. If im lucky/unlucky enough to have tomorrow off of work im going to try and get this all knocked out.

Comment

charged my ac
                                12 cbr250r: daily ride
                                01 saab 9-3: daily
                                98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                                93L: money pit/ space waster
                                92GL: low and slow beater
                                90?: the rust free shell
                                89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                                89L: for sale
                                89L: parts
                                87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway