No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered the following parts for my 323 from RockAuto, Moss Motors, Treadstone Performance & Amazon.com.

Bosch Water pump
    Genuine Cam seals
    Genuine Crank seal
    Timing belt components (tensioner & idler pulley)
    Topix cover gasket
    High temperature head lamp connector
    HKS SSQ steel flange for my newly acquired HKS SSQ black editon bov
    Last edited by mazkam; 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Put her on a dyno Saturday at a dyno day.. made 181hp and 198ft/lbs with it blowing out the spark at 5,500rpm. Have an appointment tonight in 2hrs for a proper dyno tune.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
        On the rally car... all I'll use is Timken. Which reminds me... I need to do that before next season.
        I'm sold on Timken bearings, much quieter ride over the 2k ride to Baltimore and throughout the eastern panhandle of Wv and back to Ky.

H&Rs, also make a handling difference in mountain roads in Maryland and West Virginia.
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
          Put her on a dyno Saturday at a dyno day.. made 181hp and 198ft/lbs with it blowing out the spark at 5,500rpm. Have an appointment tonight in 2hrs for a proper dyno tune.
          How'd it go?
          sigpic
          1992 Familia GT-X
          1988 323 GTX
          2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Couldn't find the com cable for my ECU. Rescheduled it to today.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
            1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
            1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
            1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
            1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Nevermind the keyway repair last week, finally getting the Tracer running after over a month of sitting idle... That was nothing - NOTHING - compared to...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00115-20111002-1549.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1229344

CUPHOLDERS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

The BF had a quite a bit of attention this weekend.

The BF was leaking oil, so the Crank seal, Pulley Side, had to be replace. While was at it, I replaced the timimg belt, as it was way way way overdue. The belt was so stretched, the crank pulley was in advance....lmao. Also, the gearbox side inner CV was
                knackered, and that too was replaced. The last on the list was replacing the Tappet Cover Seal.

And yesterday I took the BF for a Sunday Cruise, all went well.
                mazda stands by you

Comment

Jealous of cup holders.
                  sigpic
                  1992 Familia GT-X
                  1988 323 GTX
                  2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
                    Jealous of cup holders.
                    I was using this for a while:

Fits between the passenger seat and console, but always wanted to tip if I put anything heavy in it. Didn't take much to mod it to stay put.

-Cut the "wedge" portion off

-Cut a piece of thin metal to the shape of the center tray

-Cut another piece to the shape of the underside of your center console

-Drill 2 pilot holes through the metal, cupholder, console, and other piece of metal, then screw it down

-Add a third pilot hole through the metal, cupholder, and lid of the rear ashtray, then throw another screw in there

-Cut a piece of something rubber/plastic/wtf-ever to shape to cover the screwed-down portion

-Bask in the glory of having someplace steady and secure to put your drink and/or bong

Comment

Tracer seats rule!! I put these same color seats in my 323 hatch, a better riding seat than the oem, and the mx3 too!

Originally posted by jcargile View Post
                      Nevermind the keyway repair last week, finally getting the Tracer running after over a month of sitting idle... That was nothing - NOTHING - compared to...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51489[/ATTACH]

CUPHOLDERS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
                      David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

Done the 626 5th gear swap today.

Comment

Did that when I rebuilt my transmission/ Same time I fully Built my Motor. Didnt notice much difference. Maybe 150 RPM difference?

DurWood, I can vouch for the Supertechs. Good Forgies for this motor, especially if your not looking for 700 Horse Power. Im planning on an end result of 350 Horse when Im finished, still need to source a Turbo and EMS.
                          Mazda
                          1988 Black 323 GT
                          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I installed the Bosch Water pump, Genuine Cam & Crank seals, Timing belt components (tensioner, idler pulley & spring) & Cam cover gasket.

Comment

Yesterday I completed the engine rebuild and today I'm going to start dropping it back in the car

Sent from my Droid
                              1988 323 GTX - "Miss Becky" - VJ-11, Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge, Sachs Clutch, K&N Air Filter. Freshly rebuilt engine with Clevite Bearings, Fel-Pro Gaskets and NGKs, 2.5" Exhaust from turbo back with a Turbo muffler.

1970 Chevelle SS - "Krista"/"ALMYDOE" - restored from the ground up, 350/350, lowered 2" frnt 1" rear, flowmaster 40 series, Holley Street Avenger, GMPP intake, American Racing Torqlites. (Ported and Polished ZZ4 Aluminum Heads coming soon)

Comment

Might be time for a fourth engine this year. I think my most recent replacement has bad rings. Hopefully it's just from sitting for years, and they will seat again.
                                sigpic
                                1992 Familia GT-X
                                1988 323 GTX
                                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X