No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audi5000, we need to have a serious talk.....
    Cmon man, its not like anyone gunna see under the hood
    i aint popping it for no one.
    Its for m own enjoyment

Comment

Tore down the blown engine from my GT that I was planning on rebuilding and putting in the GTX. I just don't know if it's worth it. Every crankshaft bearing is scored, that scares me. When I add up the cost of getting the block bored, new pistons, gaskets, valve seats, bearings, water pump, oil pump, timing belt, etc. then find a BPT with 4wd LSD transmission for $1500, it makes a swap very appealing.

I just want this car as a daily/winter beater though, so I want to do it quick and cheap, but I'm not going to half ass it. I'm just frustrated...
      sigpic
      1992 Familia GT-X
      1988 323 GTX
      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

in the GT? Just drop in a KL or something and not worry about boosting it lol
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

No, the GT is running again, I picked up another engine for it. I'm taking the one that I last blew in the GT and putting it in the GTX. I have another bottom end that I believe is good, but I suspect is out of a capri, and thus has small rods. I don't think it'll be too too much to rebuild, maybe a 20 thou over bore, and cheap supertech forged pistons. Just going for 175ish whp reliably.
          sigpic
          1992 Familia GT-X
          1988 323 GTX
          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Well, I decided to install the HKS P-Fcon that was sitting around in my shop. I disabled the fuel cut-off and set the HKS boost controller to 200%, and holy crap! She is a whole new machine.

Comment

changed the r.r.bearing last night on the gtx, it was howling for the longest time. i hate,hate,hate!those frigging bearings!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg gggggggg!!
              i feel much better now,think I'll go for a walk.

Comment

Now you know why my GTX got swapped over to AWD uprights and hubs.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
                  changed the r.r.bearing last night on the gtx, it was howling for the longest time. i hate,hate,hate!those frigging bearings!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg gggggggg!!
                  i feel much better now,think I'll go for a walk.
                  I just replaced my rear bearings, again yesterday... This time I used Timken bearings, maybe they will last better than a year.
                  David
                  sigpic Ky

Comment

On the rally car... all I'll use is Timken. Which reminds me... I need to do that before next season.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Yeah should have swapped over to bg, don't have high hopes for this one,I bolted it up on the bench using the stub of an old axle and felt a little too snug for my liking.oh well.
                      I'll have to collect some spacers from some old knuckles for the next time around.

Comment

Wait... why do you need to collect spacers? There is some difference between spacers to make up for casting tolerances.

Comment

I'll find a wider spacer this one is too narrow.

Comment

I hooked up a trickle solar charger up to her while she is down to keep the battery up on charge.
                            BP+T = Me happy

Comment

Thread: What did you do to your BF today???

I'm on the road with my BF, business now on return trip to Ky from Baltimore, MD.

40+ mpg, I don't feel sorry for Prius owners, when my BF is paid for and so fun to drive.
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

2 nice sized boxes of GTX parts arrived from Rock Auto today! Got my new welder going, doing some practicing before I attempt to fix the hole in my rocker. She will live on!
                                sigpic
                                1992 Familia GT-X
                                1988 323 GTX
                                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X