Crank case venting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank case venting?

Okay.... my mind is getting old, but.... I can't remember if the B6T (in the original, stock design) was arranged such that the crank case was somehow vented in case there was a build-up of pressure? Or, did I at one time add a way to vent the crank case? If not (and I don't think I did, but), where and/or how would you guys recommend venting the crank case? When I originally put an oil catch can on, didn't that relieve the pressure and catch any oil from escaping? Does that alone do the trick? Help this old tired man out. :D

PCV valve to the intake manifold. But a valvecover hose to a catchcan is better.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
      PCV valve to the intake manifold. But a valvecover hose to a catchcan is better.
      Thanks jay! That was how I set it up last time. Forgot. I removed it a few years back since it didn't seem to be catching any oil, but I think for safety reasons, I'll rig up something again. Ah.... another project.... my wife is going to kill me. :D

Comment

When I had boost on my festiva, I just vented the PCV to the atmosphere lol it worked for me

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Speaking of PCV, I think I might change mine since my GTX has 146k miles on it. I am guessing it will help on this car?

Comment

Originally posted by estebond008 View Post
            Speaking of PCV, I think I might change mine since my GTX has 146k miles on it. I am guessing it will help on this car?
            LOL.... It wouldn't hurt it... That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              When I had boost on my festiva, I just vented the PCV to the atmosphere lol it worked for me
              Interesting. Say... Damkid.... are you on the Festiva forum?

Wow.... I'm stealing my own thread....

Comment

Lol I'm one of the moderators on that site, I've owned and been modifying festiva's for 10+ years lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                X