No announcement yet.

Might get a Mazda 6!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, you can probably negotiate something, although it sounds like you won't have a trade-in, which can be a valueable negotiating tool, because you can say okay, I'll pay 23,000 for this car, I want 5,000 for my trade in.

Comment

true, from a performance standpoint, the 2.3L 6i is the better choice. But for loganss' needs, the V6 is nice and smooth and mated with the manumatic trans, it's a nice daily driver with some balls to still get around.

Comment

I'm up in the air about actual having this car be manual. I'm sure most of you think I should get a manual but from a guy who's only driven auto for all my car driving life is it worth it. I learned how to drive stick just need practice. Don't know if I should practice on a 6 though.

Why is the 2.3L 6i a better choice performance wise?
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

With the V6's torque, I think it'd be much easier.
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Just get the stick. You'll be a pro in a couple of days and you will be glad you got it. Just take it easy and have someone who knows how to drive a manual sit next to you so as to give you pointers - it helps. Good luck with your new car.

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
              I'm up in the air about actual having this car be manual. I'm sure most of you think I should get a manual but from a guy who's only driven auto for all my car driving life is it worth it. I learned how to drive stick just need practice. Don't know if I should practice on a 6 though.

Why is the 2.3L 6i a better choice performance wise?
              the 2.3L gives better balance, the V6 is extremely nose heavy, the MS6 a turbo version of the same 2.3 for two reasons: balance and space in the engine bay. the people who say stick is a pain in daily driving are just lazy, it's really not bad, in most traffic situations i am able to leave the car in first and idle my way down the road. both motors make pretty good low end power, so bogging isn't a huge concern. iirc the 3s has better power to weight compared to the 6s, but you mentioned that you didn't really like the 3 so i dunno. either way you'll probably be happy with a 6.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                the people who say stick is a pain in daily driving are just lazy, it's really not bad, in most traffic situations i am able to leave the car in first and idle my way down the road. .

ehhh, i disagree, if i had to drive I76 in and out of philly everyday to get to work (luckily i can ride a bike the 2 miles to get there), i'd strongly consider an auto as long as I had another car with stick, if your left foot is in pain and hamstring cramps up due to driving in traffic I think that should suffice as a reason to drive auto. but this all has to do with what type of driving conditions the car is gonna be used in.
                95 ES
                05 S60R

Comment

my seats suck anyway, so i guess it might be different in another car, whatever the case i hope the new seats the 3 and 6 won't give you any problems if you choose to go that route.
                  95 ES
                  05 S60R

Comment

the 3 has really nice seats . . . i wouldn't know about the 6

Comment

Honestly i think a sweet car would be the new mitsu eclipse... 260 hp / tq through a 6 speed
                      Joe H
                      2000 Chevy Impala
                      3400 3.4 Liter V6
                      Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                      U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                      Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                        Honestly i think a sweet car would be the new mitsu eclipse... 260 hp / tq through a 6 speed
                        it's all looks, balance is awful, and the components aren't all that good. MT did a write-up on it recently, didn't have too many nice things to say.

Comment

260hp FWD ugly understeering heavy ass pig of a car = the new Eclipse.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Whoever said the Mazda 6 is Ugly is crazy

Last edited by Vash00es; 07-17-2005, 03:33 PM.
                            Joe H
                            2000 Chevy Impala
                            3400 3.4 Liter V6
                            Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                            U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                            Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

what is that exhaust?

Comment

no idea, but it looks pretty badass
                                Joe H