No announcement yet.

1995 MX-3 RS turbo (BP) 56K BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i remember i kept changing my mind for my old EGTs paint scheme right up until the day she went into paint lol.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Look what was hiding under the sideskirts and fenders....

Driver's side

Passenger side too....

And a couple random shots...

Time to start cutting and welding. I guess I had to expect some rust on the car...I don't think it is too bad.

Shop 506-577-6708
      cell 506-381-3503
      email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Comment

just read this straight through for the first time, and i have to say HUGE

im doing almost this same build and its nice to see what little issues might come up/how to deal with them.

again, HUGE
          sigpic
          ________
          '94 MX-3
          |229,000 miles and DEAD|

SOFA
          KING

SLOW

Comment

no good!!!! get that "cured"
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by pirite View Post
              just read this straight through for the first time, and i have to say HUGE

im doing almost this same build and its nice to see what little issues might come up/how to deal with them.

again, HUGE
              Thanks. I hope this thread helped you out and if you need any other help with your project, just message me.

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              no good!!!! get that "cured"
              Oh, it will be cured and no hints at all that this disease was ever on the car.

Shop 506-577-6708
              cell 506-381-3503
              email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Few more pics of disassembly......

In this pic you can see the rusted seat belt brackets, they will be sand blasted and painted....

Not much left to tear apart now. I will be starting the actual work this weekend and will have progress pics Sunday night.

Shop 506-577-6708
                cell 506-381-3503
                email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Wow. Very nice. It was sick begin with. Cant wait to see the progress!

Comment

Glad to see you're not giving up because of rust.
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

How are the strut towers in the rear? I'm very glad you're working through this.

My 944 Turbo had some rust in the battery box (not as bad as yours but some holes) and I found Por 15 with fiberglass sheet to work wonders. Tedious but worthwhile. After the welding fix, coat it all with the Por 15 starter kit and use this for seam-sealing and it will never rust again: http://www.por15.com/PORPATCH/productinfo/PPB/

Comment

Chris, I would never give up on this car because of a little rust. I have too much time and money in it to let it go. Besides, for the year and where I live, this one is still in awesome shape even with the rust, compared to any of the ones I would buy to replace it.

Alex, thanks for th link. The bodyman that is helping me said something about seam sealing the car and using something like that, but I am not sure if that was the actual product he was talking about or not. Thanks for the advice and I will mention it to him.

Shop 506-577-6708
                        cell 506-381-3503
                        email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Just a few quick shots of our progress

Well all dings and dents on the body part of the car are done and all the good surfaces on the car are sanded and ready for primer, except the final sanding of the quarters. The rust will be dealt with this Saturday.That is it so far. We will be working on it Tuesday evening and I will update again.

Shop 506-577-6708
                          cell 506-381-3503
                          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Works like this one makes me go ahead and finish my build, well put it back after it the oil pump blew up...

Good job!

Comment

Check the threads on the ETD manifold and retap them, the one I got
                              were so poorly done the turbo bolts would back out. Also check the
                              flatness of the mating surfaces to the turbo and the head and get it
                              flattened if its out.

Just want to save you a possible turbo gasket blow out.

Comment

any update????
                                2012 Kia rio
                                2009 Nissan Frontier
                                1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Working...
                                X