No announcement yet.

1995 MX-3 RS turbo (BP) 56K BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and you will want to find a slim fan to put on the other side of the radiator. The turbo will heat up that one side and shoot everything through your overflow hose... trust me, been there, done that!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Smoke, that looks good, I might get one of those also....I think it will work better than what I was planning.

Thanks BuGS for mentioning that, I wasn't sure if the cooling system was good enough or not on the MX. I suppose with the intercooler in front of the rad, it takes a lot of the air that normally hits the front of the rad.

Shop 506-577-6708
      cell 506-381-3503
      email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

any updates

Comment

I hate to say it, but there is no real progress with it since last time. I am going to work on it this weekend and hopefully get it to an exhaust shop to do the i/c and exhaust piping in the next couple weeks and just wait for Lex to finish with the MS. I should be as far as I can be this weekend with the work that I can do myself.

I was moved around a bit with work and no heat in the garage meant no work on the car. I am now back at home and put heat in the garage so no more excuses. I will let you know how this weekend goes.

Thanks for asking though.

Shop 506-577-6708
          cell 506-381-3503
          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Well, it went pretty good this weekend. Got the p/s pump and belt, tranny mounts, lower engine crossmember, starter, throttle cable, disty, jackshaft, and a couple other odds and ends put on the motor. I am almost as far as I can get by myself, so in a couple weeks, it will be off to the fabricator to get the exhaust and i/c piping welded up and then it is just waiting for Lex to finish with the mods to my MS and hopefully startup and tuning in May.

Shop 506-577-6708
            cell 506-381-3503
            email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

whats the length and size of that oil feed line?

Comment

hows progress?
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well, here is what we did last weekend.

Enjoy.

Shop 506-577-6708
                  cell 506-381-3503
                  email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

well look like its almost ready!! it will be ready for funrun in shediac???
                    2012 Kia rio
                    2009 Nissan Frontier
                    1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

I like the look of that hood. Mind me asking how much you paid for it, and where can I look at other hoods made by them? I looked at the Pakfiefer website and they didn't even show your hood... wierd. They only have one style of hood apparently.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                      Member of MX-3.com
                      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Scortadict, when is the funrun? Depending on when it is, it might be good to go.

Shades, it is a fiberglass hood not CF because I wanted to paint it and it doesn't make sense to me to spend the extra on the CF and hide the grains of the fiber cloth. I got it from Oscar, EZ_4_FUN on mx-3.com, who owns pakfiefer canada. He has the mold of the inverted hood and can make either CF or fiberglass. I paid $525+$100 shipping to me in NS about a year ago, but I am not sure if that is still the price and it takes 5 business days to make it. Like I said, he owns the mold, so he makes them as they are ordered.

Shop 506-577-6708
                        cell 506-381-3503
                        email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Did you kink that pipe going into the throttle body at all, or is it just the lighting on it?? Looks like where you welded that piece on there is some kinks....

Looking real good though!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Looks like its coming along again finally. Clean install. Damn you ppl and being able to have time to work on their cars without worrying about down time.
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS View Post
                              Did you kink that pipe going into the throttle body at all, or is it just the lighting on it?? Looks like where you welded that piece on there is some kinks....

Looking real good though!

Nope, just the lighting on it. I didn't clamp it yet because I have to get them coated first and then I will clamp them down. But there are definitely no kinks anywhere in the piping.

I will be sending my wiring away to lex on monday to get that part of it done and hopefully it will be running in about 2 weeks.

Shop 506-577-6708
                              cell 506-381-3503
                              email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Great idea with the muffler downturn - not only will it be a touch quieter, but it will attract a lot less law enforcement attention when they follow you around - you'd be surprised how many times a big muffler tip will get ya pulled over.
                                '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                                '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                                10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                                490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X