• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.sher350 View Post
    Measured the alum pulleys and got --

Crank Pulley - 108 mm = about 4 1/4 in.
    Alt. Pulley - 57mm = about 2 1/4 in.

w/p pulley (to be made) 132mm = about 5 3/16 in.
    If you can get the factory size for the pulleys that would make it easier lol
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i dont think were gonna need to worry about the pulley sizes. if ya think about it.....its really not gonna be a huge deal.
      --kinda forgot to get the dimensions, after the alum pulleys.... had some big 'distractions'
      Last edited by j.sher350; 01-20-2010, 06:25 PM.
      92 Pro - Daily Beater and project- current frankenstein
      sigpic

Comment

That's nice that someone is making regrinds, but from the HP gains, I rather do the exintake cam mod for more HP

Comment

Cams are very very reliant on your other mods, so advertised HP is nothing more than a billy mase oxyclean infomercial
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

True that! If I were to buy cams, it would be for a BP-4W head.

Comment

Modeled up pulleys

here are the models of the pulleys. i am very satisfied for the w/p pulley! gonna look wayyyy bad ass!!!

let me know some input. thought of a different design for the w/p pulley also....but this flows with the alt. pulley so i figured id go w/ this one...
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

That's wicked! I like it!

Comment

The W/P pulley looks weird. On your model, the pulley sticks out, unlike the original goes in. I'm talking about the center. Do you see what I mean?

Comment

Hey, I emailed the camshaft ebay seller to see if he has a dyno graph, and this is his reply:

we do not currently have a dyno graph. These
                    camshafts are made to be run with the your stock
                    valvetrain. These cams are good for 5+ whp from
                    about 3K up with your stock setup, with headers,
                    an intake, etc. we have seen more than 10 hp to
                    the wheels.

you will be very happy with your car after
                    installing the cams.
                    Hope to hear from you soon

Guysinashed.

Comment

yeah that is supposed to be like it. thats the back side of the pulley. its to keep the specs. w/p pulley and alt pulley are virtually the same specs except for diameter. so i basically just steppped up the diameter for the w/p pulley and added a few design elements since its a 3 bolt pattern.

refer to the second pic of the alt pulley. the boss (nub sticking out) is the same feature as the '3 point wing nut' on the back side of the w/p pulley. the boss is just a lil different but serves the same purpose.

see what i mean?
                      sigpic

Comment

It still doesn't convince me, I already have an exhaust cam that I will be using to do the exintake mod. There are proven dynos of the exintake cam compared to the guysinashed.

Comment

I don't think you know what I'm trying to say. The way you are holding the stock water pump pulley is how it's installed on the engine. meaning that the pulley's offset helps it go closer to the engine. In your design, the water pump pulley's design, helps it stick out. So I'm talking about the offset. Look at the water pump pulley on your car and see what i mean

Comment

AH!!! gotcha.... yeah i see what ya mean. k ill redesign it then. wont be to hard. thanks for that antonio.
                            sigpic

Comment

No problem man, just here to help

Comment

Working...
                              X